Friday, September 2, 2022

Week in Review (August 23 - August 29)

Tuesday (10,554 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. Took Pika for a short walk when I got home. Met Ben at Resolute for a beer.
Wednesday (7,701 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. Took Pika for a walk when I got home. Did a short Yoga video. Watched a cute documentary about cats - Batman was VERY fascinated by this.
Thursday (17,350 steps) - Work from home! Went for my first run since Lean Horse - it wasn't bad! I kinda love the "low HR" runs, it's pretty amazing how much "easier" they are.
Another slow walk with Pika. Ben and I went to the new food hall at Candela's for a date night. It was actually pretty good - we haven't been getting along great lately, but this was a lot of fun.

The chicken sandwiches here are pretty ridiculous. 
Friday (8,066 steps) - Surprise work from home day! I had found out that Joyce was actually going to be out on vacation for a while, so I talked to Nicole about working from home for a bit. We haven't found anyone permanent to walk Pika on the days I'm in the office, so this has been a big help. Pika actually picked the long walk at lunch - first time all week. Ben was working in the mountains again, so I was home alone for the evening. Actually did an upper body video - I haven't been doing much strength training the last few weeks, so this felt hard. Then, I picked up Tokyo Joe's for dinner and a new Weldwerks beer. Yum!
Saturday (31,739 steps) - Another early morning for me. A had a XC meet down south so I opted to head to Waterton Canyon for my long run! The goal was "easy" and low heart rate.
I actually was able to do a lot more running than I normally do on the way out. I was supposed to do two hours total, but I wasn't sure on timing, so I turned around about 4.5 miles in. 
I literally was able to run the entire way down without walking, and without running "too fast" that it elevated my heart rate. Not sure that I have done that before, or at least not recently. 

A's meet was at Mountain Vista, which was only about 15 minutes away. I actually lucked out and got parking pretty close. What a cluster! These things get so crowded. I had invited Jandy to watch the meet since it was so close to where she lives. This was an interested race as it was only 2 miles instead of a 5k. 

A ran very well, just over 15 minutes on a hilly course. Proud of her! And I love the selfie that Jandy got with her after she ran.
I offered to take the girls to breakfast and we headed up north to Snooze. We had a bit of a wait, so we got coffee from Caribou in the meantime. I was very indecisive, but ended up getting a french toast Monte Carlo. Delicious!
A had her first opportunity to drive Blue-C and she said it was scary because she is so powerful. Also, finally got a picture of the three Mini Coopers! The middle one is Bee Rad(2) - Gracie hadn't come up with a good name, so she asked if hers could be Bee Rad... awwww! The yellow paint is actually the same as his was (same year even!) - the only differences is that Bee Rad(2) is an automatic and stripes are white instead of black. Cute. (In real life, the two girls even have parking spaces next to each other, which I think is adorable).
Ben and I had the opportunity for a second date night. We got some beers at Four Noses, and then went out to dinner. I got some delicious Buffalo Chicken mac & cheese. Yum!! 
Sunday (6,532 steps) - The day of nothing! Took Pika for a (short) walk at lunch - although at least this time it was the little lake loop and not the small neighborhood loop. Went to New Terrain for a few beers.
Nothing else?
Monday (5,369 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a short walk at  lunch. Went to the dentist. That's it?

Stats:
  • 87,311 steps
  • 14.26 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 15 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...