Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Week in Review (August 16 - August 22)

Tuesday (5,513 steps) - Woke up to POURING rain. Like apocalyptic rain. I have no idea what happened, other than I went to work. No walk because it rained all day. 30 minute full body strength video when I got home from work. 
Wednesday (19,456 steps) - A's first day of... 11th grade!! Hard to believe that she was (I think) in preschool when I started this blog. Typical first day of school picture before I went to work in the office. 
Went for a walk at lunch. Headed up to Boulder after work for run club. Traffic was probably the worst it's ever been for me, so I got up there much later than I would have liked. I had some speed work on schedule, so I wore my trail shoes (after all the rain we had I was worried it was going to be really muddy) and headed to the cow path. The tempo intervals were "fine" but it was kinda hot/humid and I had to walk a decent amount.
Look at this cute prairie dog!

After getting back to the store I stuck around for a bit to talk with Jeramiah and Terri. Apparently Kristin and Joe had "gotten lost" (HOW?) and weren't able to make it back to the store before it closed. 
Thursday (21,978 steps) - Up EARLY to get my run in before work. I was supposed to be staying in zone 1 and 2, and it was REALLY tough. I'm wondering if it's just because I had just run fairly hard the night before? 

Anyway, I managed to get this done, took a shower and then in the office. (Switched my days so I could work remote on Friday). Walk at lunch, and who knows what else happened the rest of the day.
Friday (16,629 steps) - Wash Park and coffee with the gang before heading back to Denver so I could leave my car at my office and take the train to the airport. Security was INSANE - probably one of the top ten longest lines I've seen. At least the actual TSA part went fast because apparently now we don't have to take electronics or liquids out of our bags, nor take off shoes. Flight into Rapid City was FAST. Basically the seatbelt sign was off for maybe 15 minutes and then we were on the ground (45 minute flight). Rest of the day is recapped with Lean Horse 100.
Saturday (97,932 steps) - Lean Horse 100
Sunday (115,025 steps) - Lean Horse 100
Adding this picture of the random gas station dinner I had, haha.
Monday (8,839 steps) - I had originally set my alarm for 7:30 so that I could get some work done before leaving. We still had to get everything packed. Breakfast in the hotel lobby again, plus an extra cup of copy for me - tired! Our only objective for the morning was to go to Crazy Horse. We were a little late arriving (and meeting up with Lisa, Jandy, Troy and Maureen). Right after we got there, we watched a really cool informational video about how the carving got started. 

Construction started in 1948 and will likely still not be complete in my lifetime
We walked around the museum a bit, it was pretty interesting! The rest of the group had to drive all the way back to Denver (6+ hours), so they didn't want to stick around too long. I drove us towards the airport and Steph found "Sickies" which was a DELICIOUS recovery lunch. A huge burger, mac and cheese, fried green beans and a beer. Exactly what I needed!
Arrived at the airport thinking about 80 minutes would be sufficient to get through security and to the gate. Didn't even need that. Literally no one in front of me at security and my gate was the first one (of only 4). Once Steph got through we just sat at the gate and talked until it was time for me to board. Once we were pushed back we found out our flight was going to be delayed about 20 minutes, grrr. At least it was a quick flight, although turbulent with storms.
Made up a decent amount of time and only landed about 15 minutes "late." Walked through the whole airport to get back on the train, which I got right before it left. Walked from the station to my office and got my car. Thankfully, traffic was really light, which was crazy for 6 pm on a weekday On the drive home I got a call that I needed to meet Ariel and Ben at the tattoo place because they wouldn't let her get her septum piercing with him as the guardian because of the different last name. Thankfully, it all worked out, and she was able to get it done. 
A went home to do homework and Ben and I stopped at 4 Noses to chat about the weekend. We watched a movie - which unfortunately made for a very late night for me.

  • 285,372 steps
  • 112.88 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 30 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (September 12 - September 18)

Tuesday  (10,379 steps) - Peloton before work. Ended up doing two videos, which put me running a bit late to work. Work in the office, with ...