|Love it when Brooks comes to run club - they have the best games!
Friday (14,127 steps) - I again skipped a video because of an upcoming race. Rest days are nice. I took A to school a bit early to go to the school book fair (buy one get one free!), and then she had field day. I stuck around for the first few hours, but had to be at work at noon, so I sadly missed the ever popular "shoe kick."
Saturday (37,532 steps) - Palmer Lake half marathon.
Sunday (10,764 steps) - Up early AGAIN. This time, it was to volunteer at the Endurance Race Series tent at the Erie half marathon. We were supposed to be there at 6:30, but I forgot my phone, had to go back home to get it so I could map it, and then had a hard time finding it. 15 minutes late. The other ambassador didn't show up until almost 8 (which is when the race started), so I think I did pretty good. The race was much smaller than I expected, with probably only 250 runners between the half and the 5k. A kept herself occupied hula hooping (she can hula with up to FOUR hoops at a time. I can do ZERO) and playing other various games.
Monday (15,533 steps) - Snoozed through my alarm a few times, but still got up with enough time to do a dirt run along the lake. It's rained so much lately I haven't been running on dirt because I didn't want to deal with the mud. For the most part, the run went really well.
- 130,218 steps
- 26.8 miles run
- 101 minutes of cross training
- 73 minutes of strength/stretching
- Weekly loss 0.2 pounds 128.0 (insert crying noise)
- #noteatingallthethings, round two. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I am sure some of it is from the lower mileage the last 6 weeks or so, but I'm in the danger zone. I haven't felt like I've been that out of control, but I've done experiments in the past, so I know how quickly the weight can creep on. Heather and I are doing another #noteatingallthethings - and it's just as un-fun as I remembered. I vaguely remember an initial weigh in the day after I got back from Avenue of the Giants to use as a benchmark. Well, 3 weeks later, and I've only managed to drop 1.5 pounds. I guess my birthday WAS in there, so I'll cut myself some slack. (The sad part is I'm up over SIX POUNDS from end of March - again, that was peak mileage for me, so...)
- I signed up for the summer/early fall session of Runners Edge! It is SO MUCH EASIER to get long runs in when I don't have to do it alone. It doesn't start for a few more weeks, which is fine. I have not yet (knock on wood) had my normal "burn out" from running, so keeping mileage low for a few weeks until I get my next training plan.
- My powder bathroom sink is leaking! If it's not one thing, it's another.