Wednesday (19,700 steps) - Up early (barely) to do the video of the day - HIIT and cardio kickboxing. The HIIT was definitely challenging. Not sure how much the kickboxing does for me since my brain is very slow and I can't seem to get the moves right. Either way, I was done before 6:45, so that was nice. After work I went to run club - no pictures (?). An easy 2 miles. What was great about this run was that it was legitimately an EASY TWO MILES. I know it sounds dumb, but I've been struggling for so long that to have an "easy" feeling run (at a decent pace) is pretty fantastic.
Thursday (24,076 steps) - Cardio warm up, Six Pack Burn Out (Core) and yoga cool down. I keep saying it is shocking how weak I've gotten, and this workout proved it again. These core exercises that used to be "bearable" are now so incredibly challenging I can barely get through them. Gah. After work I ran a fairly decent 3.7 miles on the treadmill. It does, however, seem really daunting to ever get into double digit runs again. I don't know how I ever did it. After the gym A and I made a quick stop at Build a Bear for their 40% off sale. I could not resist Chewbacca (dressed as a Girl Scout?)
Warm up, kettlebell cardio, cool down and stretch. After work A and I took Jessa out to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant, Corona's, as a "thank you" for housing and feeding us. A bit of shopping and then home for some relaxing.
Saturday (20,536 steps) - Up fairly early because I had to take my car in to the shop. Due to the fact that I still don't have a physical driver's license (remember, I lost it during Ironman when we were volunteering?) I wasn't able to schedule a loaner. A and I walked down to the High Line Canal and went for a super sweaty 5k run before heading back to get the diagnostic results about my car.
|The non "mini" Mini|
Sunday (26,852 steps) - Was sort of dreading getting up to run because 1). running is hard and 2). it's been really hot. I hit snooze and then finally got up to go run. I had hoped to go between 5 and 8 miles, depending on how it went. Pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a fiery inferno outside - temperatures were near perfect. The three miles out were not great, but the three miles back were.
Monday (22,473 steps) - Hit snooze before getting up and doing HIIT cardio butt & thigh. I was pleasantly surprised with the HIIT not being that terrible. I finally (FINALLY) got the newest INKnBURN kit in the mail - and I LOVE IT. In case you missed it, I am HUGE fan of bright color. So of course I had to test out the capris at the gym. Ran a fairly decent 3.6 miles.
- 144,246 steps (decent increase from last week)
- 18.4 miles run (big increase from last week)
- 101 minutes of cross training (other cardio/HIIT)
- 28 minutes of strength/stretching
- So I finished the first three weeks of the eight week Fitness Blender program I'm doing. And I honestly feel better and less weak. I've also been trying to eat better, but sadly, the scale is not moving in the right direction. I would care less about what the scale said if my my clothes were fitting fine, but they are not. Everything is tight and uncomfortable. Sigh.
- I'll be going to New Mexico for the weekend to run the trail Ragnar at Angel Fire Resort! So excited that my teammate Heather had a spot open and I can go (and A is coming too because we are with a kid friendly group, hurray!)
- Not much on the moving for now. Still in limbo. Tired of that.
- Nothing else.