Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Week in Review (July 28 - August 3)

Tuesday (21,647 steps) - I did a LEGIT hill run on the treadmill. Of course there was walking on some of the inclines. Because I'm not crazy (nor in shape) to run at 7% incline right now. I did my best to at least slow jog though.
Wednesday (17,408) - Run club! Well, minus the running. Heather is still injured so we just walked around the block and socialized. Isn't that half the fun?
Thursday (18,229 steps) - I had briefly planned on going to the gym. Then decided not to and had a complain-fest with my lovely friend Jessa. In house news, I did NOT close in the morning like I was supposed to. However, miracle of miracles occurred and I got a call at 6 pm that the buyer was able to figure out financing and we would be closing on Friday!
Friday (20,746 steps) - I went to work early because I left early for... CLOSING ON THE SALE OF THE HOUSE?! Immediately after I picked up A and we headed down to Highlands Ranch for volunteering at Chase the Moon. I was a bit bummed to not be running this year, but we had a great time being course marshals.
 
Our shift was from 5:00 to 10:00. We headed down to the start/finish and spent a few mintues chatting with Heather, Phil and Clark. Then I had to drive A over to my parents house since I was racing in the morning. I did not drop her off until after 11. After getting all my gear ready it was after 11:30 before I went to sleep.
Saturday (41,583 steps) - Up at 3:37 am to drive to Estes Park to run the Rocky Mountain half marathon.
On my drive down I stopped in Boulder to pick up my limited edition Newtons. They might be a little "over the top" with Colorado pride, but these are so cool!!
I picked up A, quick shower, and then we went to see Pitch Perfect 2 again (at the cheapo movie theater). Dinner with my parents and then early to bed since I pretty much had not slept at all.
Sunday (13,349 steps) - We went to breakfast at IHOP and then I took A to the skating rink. She is trying to graduate from skates to rollerblades. She was having issues learning to stop as the blades don't have brakes. Hoping SHE doesn't break.
 
Drove up to Boulder to volunteer at Ironman Boulder! Randomly ran into Heather and Dan (go figure, just outside the Newton store) and went to Cheesecake Factory for a pick-me-up. A had the Godiva and had Key Lime. YUM.
 
We were at the same aid station that I volunteered at last year on the run course. Volunteering was fun like always.
 

View from our volunteer posts
My older sister randomly showed up and volunteered with us until it was time to go watch her friend finish. We made plans to meet up at the finish line to get some food. And then, I pulled my phone out and realized I LOST MY DRIVER'S LICENSE. Of course I did. At the most crowded event in Boulder. So after we got done A and I wandered around Ironman Village looking for a lost and found. After speaking with the Boulder police and numerous volunteers, I was told there is NO centralized lost and found and to just keep calling and hope that someone turned it in. Arg. Met up with my sister and we went to Southern Sun for dinner - grilled cheese with bacon. In bed late AGAIN, after 11.
Monday (16,939) - My dad brought A down to my work because we were going to the Rockies game with Heather! We had dinner in the clubhouse and seats right behind home plate. A had a BLAST, and I was surprised she wanted to stay for the entire game.
Can you see A just to the right of the score board? We were on tv all night long
Me, A and Heather
 
 
Since we stayed until the very end, yet ANOTHER late night. (I'm too old for this).

Stats:
  • 149,901 steps
  • 16.4 miles run
  • No cross training
  • No strength/stretching
Everything Else:
  • Obviously the good news is that the sale of the house is finalized. The bad news is that I'm essentially homeless right now. Lots of things in the works but problem after problem has ensured I'll be sleeping in Jessa's spare room for at least the rest of the month.
  • Nothing else right now.

3 comments:

  1. So glad your house closed - that must be a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your game seats were INCREDIBLE! You sat where the celebs sit! One of these years I'm going to splurge for seats like that. Maybe.

    We've had a crazy busy summer too. Can't wait for school to start so we can get back to our "in bed by 8pm" routine.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...