Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Week in Review (August 30 - September 5)

Tuesday (15,136 steps) - I had an "easy 3" on schedule, but I didn't want to wake up early to do it. I still enjoy running for low heart rate, but sometimes looking at the overall pace can be really depressing. Either way, the run itself was pretty good, although I was more in zone 2 than zone 1. Work from home again! (This is honestly spoiling me again, I love it so much). Pika actually picked the long walk again, which was a surprise.
After work met Ben at Westminster Brewing.
Wednesday (6,978 steps) - Yay for another work from home day! Another crazy hot day and Pika was very slow on a short walk. I sat on the porch and read for a bit so she could sit in the grass (one of her favorite activities).
Even though it looked like it was going to rain, I decided to go for a walk to the lake to get some exercise - with Pika doing such short walks I'm not getting anywhere the normal amount of steps done in a day. 
Thursday (17,698 steps) - With it being (STILL, FOREVER) so hot, I decided to go for my "5" mile run before work. It was supposed to be another easy run, and I could NOT keep my heart rate. Finally, I started to run out of time and just ran, and of course it was way higher than it should have been. It was interesting that I actually saw someone I knew (from BPRunCO) - strange for that early in the morning. So another work from home day (YAY!) and another slow Pika walk at lunch (Boo!).
Friday (13,241 steps) - Even though I "could" have worked from home, I decided to go in so that I could get in a walk at Wash Park and see everyone (since it had been a few weeks). Work was actually pretty busy since I'm covering for Nicole while she is on vacation. Went for a walk at lunch, and then - YAY,  we were closing the office at 3!! Worked out perfect since A had a XC meet down south. I got there a lot earlier than I needed to be, but at least I found parking. A was even in the promo ad from her school :)
I could tell the meet was going to be HUGE - there were so many tents. I saw Jen's school, but every time I walked by there I didn't see her. A didn't run until just after 5, and of course it was full sun by then. She still looked great and ran strong for being in the mid 90's.

The overall girl's winner was from A's school, so they got to all do an interview for Colorado Milesplit, which was pretty fun to watch.
The benefit of A driving is that once she was done running I was able to leave instead of having to stick around forever. 
Saturday (5,596 steps) - Ben's birthday! We didn't have any real plans, and Ariel was busy all day with practice, friends and work. Did a quick core video, then we took Pika for another SLOW walk, then we headed down to Cherry Creek to visit Bull & Bush. Forever ago, Ben had been given a gift card as a tip and we had no idea how much was on it. (Spoiler, it was from one of the OWNERS and it was $10, not even worth the gas...)

The food, however, was SUPER good. We hit up Trve for a beer, decided it was too busy, then stopped at 4 Noses before heading home for dinner and a movie.
Sunday (25,760 steps) - Up early to run at Waterton! I stopped to pick up Tyler since he wanted to ride in Blue-C and we headed down with plans to meet Jandy at 8. She was a bit late, and I was honestly really dreading how hot it was probably going to be. I had warned Jandy that my "low HR" pace is super slow, but she was insistent that we would run together. The pace was certainly slow, but I felt really good. Tyler basically did his own thing, which was expected. Didn't see any wildlife (even though the day before people saw lots of sheep AND A BEAR). 
The way down was really a struggle to keep my heart rate low, and my stomach was not feeling great, plus it was crazy hot. Blah. We decided to got to Blue Spruce for a beer after.
On the way home, we met up with Ben at New Terrain. Where did the day go?
Monday (5,522 steps) - Literally have no idea what happened this day. Tried to sleep in and failed. Took Pika for another slooooow walk "early" to try to beat the heat. Watched some TV. Ben and I went to get a beer at the food hall in Candelas, but the service was awful, so we went to Resolute. Read some of my book and then had hot dogs and potato salad for dinner. Very low key Labor Day.

Stats:
  • 89,931 steps
  • 18.46 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 5 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...