Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Week in Review (September 13 - September 19)

Tuesday (26,104 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. After work I headed over to Lakewood so I could get my run in. I had long miles on schedule but had mapped out what I thought was a good route. I was supposed to be running easy (coach says zone 1, but I still don't think that's even possible for me unless I'm walking). Headed out first to Stone House, and discovered a lovely new gravel trail next to where it's currently paved. Wooo!

I ran into the group when I was headed out to Bear Creek, but I had to keep going since I still had miles to go. When I created the route, I was just looking for as little repetition as possible. I did NOT realize that I was mapping the way back through the river crossings! So... that happened.
At least the water wasn't that deep. I won't lie, I still had a bit of PTSD from Fat Dog, though. 
Wednesday (7,197 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. After work I did 45 minutes on the Peloton. Nothing else?
Thursday (18,830 steps) - Work from home! Heather was coming in town to visit, but I misread what time her flight was arriving, so I was a bit surprised when I heard from her about an hour before I expected her. Whooops! Immediately headed to the airport to pick her up, then stopped at Snooze on the way home for breakfast. (I was STARVING for some reason).

The remainder of the day was spent taking Pika for a walk and sitting on the front porch working, while Pika spent time in the grass. Pretty sure it was the greatest day of her life! 

I still had a five mile run to do, and I had previously asked Heather if she wanted to join me (I had slow and easy on schedule) and she said yes! I offered a few suggestions for where to run, and ultimately we decided on the canal trail near New Terrain. It was a lovely evening for an easy jog!
The brewery was NUTS - they had a band playing and it was busier than I remember in ages. We met Ben in the small room near the front for a few beers. Heather and I got food from the food truck since we were staving.
Friday (20,398 steps) - Bonus work from home day!! Heather and I went to Dunkin for breakfast. We worked all morning on the front porch, while I occasionally got up to finish packing. I also saw Batman in Robin's banana for the first time!
Took Pika for a walk and then used my lunch hour to drive up to Idaho Springs. I haven't been there in a bit, and it is truly a gigantic headache to park there now. I don't know if/when I'll be back, it was not a fun experience. (Oh, and you have to pay now!) We went to Westbound & Down for lunch, delicious!
We stopped at a little shop for coffee (caramelized pumpkin latte), and it was on of the best coffees I've had in my life!! Headed up for the rest of the drive - it was the foggiest I've seen in a bit. Wanted to stop at Berthoud Pass, but we could barely even see the road, so figured that was pointless. Finished out my workday, and then decided to find a place to take a walk while we waited for Greg to arrive. Found a magical (and flat!) trail along the river. I had assumed we would do around 3 miles, but we had such a great time we did almost 5!

It started to drizzle as we got back to the car, so timing was perfect! We had plans to meet up with Greg around 5:30, and it was almost that time, so we headed to Camber Brewing. 
There were SO MANY dogs! We were especially delighted to see this adorable pup in full dirndl. 
Had a great time socializing with Greg, but realized we should head out and get some essentials before checking into our "hotel." We went to the Safeway in town and got some food for "dinner" and water for the morning. Treated to a lovely sunset in the parking lot!
Since we planned so last minute to stay in the mountains, we were somewhat limited on where to stay, but earlier in the week I found out there was room onsite at the YMCA. Parking was kind of a nightmare (how are there no actual parking lots?) and it was LOUD when we arrived. We think there was some kind of party - sounded like karaoke was going on. The strangest part was there was no tv in the room, but there was a fridge and microwave, so we were good. We opted to leave the windows open all night to cool the place down. Glorious!
Saturday (32,261 steps) - Snow Mountain half marathon!
We stuck around for about a half hour after I finished to have a beer and chat with Greg and Monica. We decided to then go to one of the other breweries, Vicious Cycle, in Frisco before Greg was heading back to Denver. By the time we had another beer we were both STARVING, so we went to get lunch. We randomly decided on Indian food, and it was FANTASTIC.
We didn't have any other plans for the evening, so we stopped to get more food from Safeway before heading back to the room to shower and relax a bit. All we ended up doing the rest of the night was taking a sunset walk. What a night!
Didn't do much the rest of the night and I think we went to bed pretty early. Another glorious (and chilly) night with the windows open!
Sunday (16,938 steps) - No alarm was set and I managed to sleep until 7:30! Holy cow! We headed up to the dining hall for our free breakfast buffet. The food was meh, but it was free, so that was nice. Then we finished up our packing and checked out. Our plan for the day was an easy hike! Initially I had thought about going to Herman Gulch, but that would require quite a bit of extra driving, and I really didn't want to get stuck in traffic, so we decided on Jones Pass. 

It was sunny and warm, but a great day for a hike in the high country. 

We made plans to turn around when the trail intersected with the Continental Divide Trail. 

I love to hike here because NO ONE comes here. We only saw three people and one dog the whole time we were out. On the drive home we stopped in Empire at Guanella Pass Brewery for beer (pumpkin for me!) and some pizza.
We stopped in Golden at Over Yonder to meet up with Ben before heading home. We sat on the deck (even A joined for a bit) before going for a sunset walk to the lake. It's been a long time since I've walked over in the evening!

Pizza for dinner and some garbage tv.
Monday (10,236 steps) - Up VERY early because Heather needed to leave to go home :( We had to leave the house by 6:30 to get her there two hours early. What a nightmare traffic was - even at that early hour! Since I had taken a bonus remote day on Friday, I was in office for the day. Womp, womp. Went for a few walks during lunch. After work I headed up to 4 Noses to meet Ben. He had managed to both get us into the mug club and I wanted to check mine out. Yum!
I went to the library to get some new books, then did a Barre video. 

  • 131,964 steps
  • 26.67 miles run
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (May 14 - May 20)

Tuesday  (12,837 steps) - Peloton ride before work. I was about 40 minutes into a 45 minute ride when our internet went out. Totally forgot ...