Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Week in Review (September 6 - September 12)

Tuesday (4,780 steps) - Bonus work from home day! My main attorney is still on vacation so Nicole was fine with me being at home. Nothing exciting for the day. Took Pika for another short/slow walk and did an upper body video. Picked up Tokyo Joe's for dinner since I was home alone again and watched Netflix.
Wednesday (16,927 steps) - Up early for what Greg called the "find a hill" workout. Warm up to get to the "hill" and then some dynamic stretches. (Honestly, I could've been fine with about half that amount of time. Anyway, I had two sets of 10 hill springs (15 seconds, which was manageable) and a five minute rest between sets, with a cool down jog home. Since I had programmed the workout into my watch I didn't really know what my overall distance was until I got home. Surprised at how "little" it was, seemed like a lot of work.
It was also... still dark! I had to use my headlamp for probably the first half hour. At least it isn't technical at all where I was running. (I decided to do this workout in the morning because our highs later in the day were supposed to be close to 100!!) Even A's XC team had a 5:30 am practice!
Had to rush a bit to shower and get ready since I still had to go into the office for the day. Boo, hiss. Went for a walk at lunch. Home alone AGAIN, pretty sure I just had leftovers and watched Netflix again?
Thursday (20,967 steps) - Up early since I had 7 miles on schedule and the forecast was for a million degrees again. I managed to map out a pretty perfect route! I felt really good for most of this run, which is still a pretty rare occurrence. And the sunrise and all the billions of sunflowers didn't hurt either. 


I managed to get done with enough time to get to "work" on time, thankfully at home this time, so I didn't have to rush. "Exciting" day of working and doing laundry, and taking Pika for a walk.
Did a Pilates video after work (that I did not love). 
Friday (12,486 steps) - Wash Park! It was a chilly morning, I was glad I remembered my hoodie. Also - I got one of my favorite mugs at Stella's!
This was a delicious Horchata Latte
Work in the office and went for a walk at lunch. The end?
Saturday (32,684 steps) - Up early on a COLD morning (seriously, it was 46 degrees when I left!) to go to A's XC meet. I ended up sitting in the car after I parked for at least a half hour before I braved the cold and drizzle. (Spoiler - it wasn't actually that bad, but I did forget gloves, which was sad).
Last year, A ran JV at this race, later in the morning. This time, she was in the second group of runners. Since I had spectated this one before I knew exactly where to go to see her on course. She looked great!
I headed over near the finish and noticed that she was pretty close to Gracie. (All the pictures I got focused on Gracie, not A, unfortunately).
Maybe it was the cooler temperatures, but A had a kick at the end and managed to catch her - AND set a MASSIVE PR! (Fun fact, her and Gracie actually tied - but they placed A higher in the standings, lol).
I went back and looked at the 11 year old "PR" and it was a loop we used to call "Munchkin Mile" that she ran at a 13:13 pace - I'd say she has come a long way!!
Adorable teammates!
A decided she was going to get a ride home with her teammates, so I headed out. I had some lunch and lounged on the couch. I realized that my coach had given me a funky schedule and that I was, in fact, going to have to go for a run (it had previously been listed as optional - wah!) By the time I headed out it was almost 2. I actually wore joggers and a thin long sleeve (AND GLOVES). My outfit was actually perfect for the weather, I think I would have been cold with bare legs. I was supposed to take it easy - and I did - everywhere EXCEPT Suicide Hill. I put a goal in Strava to beat my current PR on the segment - sadly ended up one second over :( 


Nothing incredibly memorable about this run. I was trying to stay in Z1/Z2 and had to walk a bit on the outbound. Finally gave up a bit on the heart rate on the way back and ran REALLY comfortably for a bit. Shower and kind of a boring evening for me, but A went to Homecoming! Look how cute she is with her teammates :)


Sunday (32,379 steps) - Didn't set an alarm, but I was still up by 7:30. I had made plans to run with Tyler, and he picked me up so we could run at Rock Creek. I had 3.5 hours to run (blaaaaah) and intentionally chose the route with the bathroom early on. Of course that meant that it was going to be the uphill way for the back half. We ran pretty well in the beginning, and both commented that it was a good thing it was a cooler day - we would have BAKED on a warmer day.

Halfway!
I was way hotter than I should have been on the way back - I realized that I hadn't brought any electrolytes OR salt. Rookie mistake. 
Other than seeing a bunch of prairie dogs and a bald eagle, it was a pretty uneventful run. Glad that's over with! We met up with Ben at 4 Noses for post-run beers.
Rest of the night was just sitting around at home. 
Monday (5,296 steps) - Work from home, and a rest day. Wooo!! Finally was able to get Blue-C registered - but not without a huge price tag. Oof.
Took Pika for a walk at lunch. After I was off work I sat on the deck with Pika and read my book. Criminal Minds marathon, leftovers with A and in bed before 10.

Stats:
  • 125,519 steps
  • 36.51 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 25 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...