Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Distance Dreamers

Bonus Blog

Do you run with other people - who, where, when and why (or why not)?

Yes. I would say that 90% of my runs are done with someone else. My sister and I own a house together and we both run, so we do it together. During the week we run together at the gym, and on the weekends we do our long runs together. Usually the only day we DON'T run together is Friday. She runs at lunch, and I leave early and get a run in on my way home. We race together... but since she is much faster, I usually end up running alone :D

I have been running a few years longer than she has, but I think having her company has helped to motivate me to do MORE. I don't necessarily need the motivation to get out and exercise (be it running or something else), it's been a part of my daily routine for over six years now. But having a "schedule" has helped take my running to the next level.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great! Running with your sis! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cool that you and your sister run together!! I've gotten to run with mine twice but usually i can't pull her outside with me lol... my boyfriend sometimes runs with me or comes to the track and does his own thing while i do my workout... which is better than going alone :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...