Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Week in Review (April 4 - April 10)

Tuesday (10,252 steps) - Work in the office. Cross training at lunch. Did some deliveries after work - and surprised it was STILL snowing. Stopped early enough to pick up Chipotle for dinner since A's track team was doing a fundraiser
Wednesday (21,114 steps) - Work in the office. I found this meme to be hilarious, and applicable.
I had yet another hill workout to do, so I headed to Boulder. They apparently got a LOT more snow than we did. (Or maybe it just "stuck" - ours didn't). The lower trails were hardened mud - not as bad as it looks.
As soon as I got nearer to the trees, the snow was more prevalent. 


And then, the mud started when I got near the top of Mesa.
The repeats themselves were...ok. Had I really thought about the weather we have been having and chance of poor conditions, I maybe would have used spikes for the lower part, as it was really pretty icy. For my longer repeats, I hit a few sections like this - with slush :(
I stopped by Roost on my way home since they were hosting a Leadville event (with food). The lot was a nightmare and it took a while to get a spot. There were also one million people IN the store, so I left, mainly because I was feeling claustrophobic. 
Thursday (27,998 steps) - Work from home. The garage door guy came by and looked at it. We did some troubleshooting, and his initial thought was to replace the wire from the wall unit - and he gave me the wire to do it! Super nice guy that didn't rip me off. I took Olive for a walk to gauge how muddy the trails at the lake might be, and they seemed fine, so I ran there and it was quite lovely!

Olive and I went to run club later - and ended up running alone :(
Friday (13,668 steps) - Wash Park and coffee. Still somewhat chilly in the mornings.
I wore my "Easter" ears since it was Good Friday. Work was VERY slow - because I guess it's a holiday or something.
Met up with Ben for a beer.

Saturday (40,899 steps) - Had plans to meet up with Ben pretty early in the morning in Boulder so we could do a run at Walker Ranch. I had mapped an additional segment heading down towards Eldorado to get some more time on the trails and more climbing. Really glad I brought a jacket, as it was relatively chilly and I ended up keeping it on the entire run! At 7,000', there was a shocking amount of ice and mud. Most of the run was fine, and we did a lot of hiking, but man, I am REALLY getting tired of ice.


Really thought we were gonna die on these stairs


We turned around at this sign - not sure how they enforce the passes though
We stopped at Under the Sun for brunch and one beer. The skillet I got was DELICIOUS and I devoured it.

Took Olive for a long walk at the lake. 
Lounged around a bit and then met Ben at Resolute for one more beer - I brought Olive with me. She is really good in public! She's so quiet.

A had a track meet, but it was in PUEBLO, which is HOURS away, so she told me not to drive down. She had to leave at 5 am for the bus and didn't get home until like 9 pm. She ran the 3200 and got a PR though! Yay!
Sunday (32,220 steps) - Didn't want to get up early, but still had a "longer" run to do. Did a few deliveries, then met Ben in Boulder for a Dowdy Draw/lower Eldo loop. Initially I thought I would feel like garbage, but it ended up being a pretty good run. And my ears were definitely a hit!

Took Olive for a walk. Did quite a bit of deliveries in the evening, and the tips were really good! I guess people are more generous on Easter?
Monday (24,843 steps)  - Work from home. It was supposed to be HOT, so I went for my run early. It was actually a pretty good run!

Took Olive for a walk. She REALLY wanted to go down to the beach.
Ben stopped by to fix the wire for the garage, PLUS I finally gave Blue-C a car wash. I'm really hoping we don't have any more snow in the future. Ugh. Had the new gyro kit from Costco for dinner and it was REALLY good.

Stats:
  • 170,994 steps
  • 46.46 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 30 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...