Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Week in Review (September 29 - October 5)

Tuesday (11,904 steps) - Peloton and Olive walk before going to work. Work was uneventful. Went to the gym at lunch for the StairMaster, strength training and a walk on the treadmill. 
Ben had gone to Costco while I was at work to get groceries and pizza for dinner. Took Olive for a walk and then it was time to finish up our Yellowjackets!
Wednesday (20,194 steps) - Olive walk before going to work. Had hoped to walk with Paula at lunch but she ended up having a last-minute meeting. Still went out for a bit. Left work a few minutes early and headed to Arvada so I could do my workout. I had planned to park at the reservoir where I have parked before and suddenly noticed there was a sign that it was paid parking?? I couldn't figure out anywhere else close that I could park, so I pivoted to a different part of the reservoir and started in a neighborhood. It was overcast, but thankfully did not rain on me. Felt pretty strong on my hill repeats!

Headed home and Ben had dinner ready. We started a new show, Neagly, a spinoff of Reacher.
Thursday (21,610 steps) - Olive walk to the lake before starting work. 
Went for my run not too long after that since Ariel was coming by for lunch and I wanted to have my workout out of the way. 
Quick Peloton and some strength training. 
She wants to be downstairs with me while I workout but gets so bored
Olive walk around the block before we went to Costco to drop off her new glasses' prescription. Torchy's date with Ben, post-dinner walk with Olive and Neagly!
Friday (13,903 steps) - Woke up with a perfect sleep score!
With another random work from home day, walked Olive longer before clocking in. 
Went to the library at lunch and walked Olive over by the canal. She was excited to be somewhere different. 
Did some deliveries after work and then re-organized my dressers! Got these super cool dividers off Amazon and I can finally see what everything is. 
Dinner and more Neagly. 
Saturday (20,951 steps) - Up early to walk Olive before meeting Ariel in Golden for her homecoming 5k! 
Dark enough for her glow in the dark necklace
Ariel wanted us all to run together - I just hoped I would be able to keep up! We picked up our bibs and then dropped our hoodies off our vehicles. Nice, indoor bathrooms, a picture with Blaster, and then we just had to figure out where the start line was - it was a different course than last year. 
We took a few walk breaks, but it didn't feel nearly as horrible as last year. 
At the turnaround on the bike path I nearly killed an old man when I tripped over something and stumbled to catch myself. I did end up leaving Ben and Ariel with about a half mile to go and managed to run up the whole hill to the finish. Oddly, I had the exact same finishing time as last year, but the course was about a tenth of a mile longer and my pace was faster (plus heartrate was almost 20 bpm lower). 
Ariel and Ben finishing
Overall, pleased! Ariel had to head out right after because she had other things to do with her sorority. Ben and I went back to the finish so I could get Flappin' Flapjacks and finisher pictures with Blaster.

Blaster selfies are the BEST
Took Olive for a walk when we got home. Ben surprised me with tickets to the new Resident Evil movie. No spoilers, but it was VERY different than other movies. I did a few more deliveries in the afternoon, then Neagly. 
Sunday (44,907 steps) - Another early morning. Took Olive for a walk and Tyler picked me up at 7 so we could go to Golden Gate for our last really long activity of the training cycle. I had planned the route, but other than a few races (last one being quite a few years ago), I haven't done much running out there, so it was basically a brand-new location for me. I was really surprised that Tyler actually stuck with me! I honestly did expect to be doing most of this alone. We seemingly were there in peak fall colors, so there were quite a few people on the trails, but nothing annoying. It was also very chilly when we started (low 40s), but was quite comfortable for the run overall. We hiked all the climbs and jogged anything "easier." 








Other than a handful of navigation issues, this worked out very well! Once we got back into town with cell service I texted Ben for him to grab Olive and meet us at Resolute. We ended up getting lunch there and staying for the entire Broncos game, which they lost. 
Once back at the house I took Olive for a walk and then we had more work to do on the toilet fixing project Ben had started. Finally got that done and we were able to sit and relax with an episode of Neagly. Long/short weekend.
Monday (20,673 steps) - Long walk with Olive before work. 
Had a workout at lunch, which I really should have done earlier in the morning because it was almost 90 degrees!!! I have been using my Enduro for workouts since every activity drains my Fenix so fast. For the first time a workout did not load properly, so I was constantly looking at my watch to make sure I was doing all the steps (which thankfully, I remembered). 
Overall, it wasn't bad though. Took Olive for a walk after - it was HOT. Did a couple of deliveries, pizza for dinner and then season finale of Neagly. And here is a random picture of Batman and Olive.

Stats:
  • 133,948 steps
  • 36.17 miles run
  • 17.7 miles walked
  • 60 minutes of cardio
  • 40 minutes of strength
  • minutes of sauna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (September 29 - October 5)

Tuesday  (11,904 steps) - Peloton and Olive walk before going to work. Work was uneventful. Went to the gym at lunch for the StairMaster, st...