Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Week in Review (April 11 - April 17)

Tuesday (13,092 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk OUTSIDE. It's been so long since it was nice enough to do that. Cross training at lunch. Did some deliveries and took Olive for a walk before meeting Ben for a beer.
Wednesday (21,509 steps) - Stopped to get coffee on my way to work and my tire light came on. Great. Since I have run flat tires, figured it could wait to be dealt with until my next remote day. Work in the office. Walk at lunch. Traffic was a nightmare after work thanks to a baseball game. I hate this time of year. Rushed to get to Boulder to meet Kristin and Tyler for a "fun" run (that ended up being shorter than I wanted, but since I was late anyway, I figured I would just take what I could get).

Same picture, but Tyler took this of me going up, haha
The run itself was '"fine," and I surprised myself by getting more segment PRs. We opted to all have a beer together for Colorado Pint Day at Southern Sun (and Joe was working!)
Plus, we got nachos, which is always delicious.
Thursday (30,824 steps) - Headed to the tire place first thing in the morning. Bad news, a flat. Good news, it actually wasn't on a sidewall, so it could be fixed. Last weekday "long" run of the training cycle. Chilly, not super memorable other than I was not into it and it was slow, but ok.
Took Olive for a walk at lunch. After work, headed to South Table to do my first trail work of the year. Fun night!

Friday (11,019 steps) - Wash Park and coffee. It wasn't even supposed to be bad weather until evening, but by the time I got in the car, it was lightly drizzling and raining pretty good on the drive down. We cut the walk short, and none of us were sad about it. Rained/snowed on and off for most of the day. Did some deliveries. No recollection of anything else.
Saturday (40,219 steps) - Did some deliveries before going out for my run. After all the moisture I was hesitant about trails, so I did a big loop around the neighborhood, including some "new to me" areas. I felt really great until I didn't - maybe mile 14? I didn't walk at all though, so that's always a success to me.

Good news was that the few areas that were dirt were NOT muddy at all. Woo! Took Olive for a walk, had lunch and met up with Ben and Tyler for a beer. 
Sunday (39,456 steps) - Did some deliveries and took Olive for a walk before meeting Ben for a run at Rock Creek. Really felt like garbage most of this run. Didn't take a picture until we were done. But it was "hot" and blah and not the best. Last "long" run for a bit though.
Went to 4 Noses for a beer.
Monday (20,156 steps) - Work from home. Headed out for a delivery before work - TO FIND MY TIRE LIGHT ON AGAIN. I thought there was NO way, so I checked the menu and it was like 3 psi, so FLAT. Initially added air, but that was blown through by lunch, so after my easy run (seriously, my HR was like 123 the whole 4 miles) and a walk with Olive:
I was BACK at the tire place. BLAH. At least again, it was nails in the center of the tire and could be fixed. Where am I driving?? Went to Costco after work and picked up a few groceries and got a pizza for dinner. After eating I did some deliveries for a bit. 

Stats:
  • 176,275 steps
  • 48.69 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 30 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...