Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Week in Review (March 28 - April 3)

Tuesday (13,166 steps) - Work in the office. Went to the gym at lunch to get my cross training done. There was a miscommunication with the dog walker and I had to rush home after work to take Olive for a walk. Did some deliveries and I think I met Ben for a beer?
Wednesday (19,170 steps) - Work in the office. I signed up for something else dumb on my lunch hour:
Kansas Krazy Train 200
I also was in Cherry Creek returning a pair of shoes. Sadly, that was only enough to cover about 1/4 of the registration. Guess I have a lot more deliveries to do! After work I met Tyler in Boulder for some Type 2 fun of hill repeats. There was mud, slush, and most importantly - cheerful inspiration for some icky climbs. C'mon Peloton!!
Did some deliveries. Also - Olive is getting insanely destructive. This was an unopened can of cat food! She was only alone in the house for about 20 minutes. This is getting ridiculous.
But she IS very cute.
Thursday (25,092 steps) - Work from home! Did a few deliveries before work. Went for a run early (since it was supposed to be INSANELY windy at lunch). Run was really good!
Also, our street was being re-sealed, so I drove Olive to the south side of the lake for a walk. Turns out, that's where every prairie dog in the neighborhood lives, so she pulled a LOT. I hoped that would tire her out for the afternoon.
Belmar run club with Olive and Maya!
It was warm enough for a tee shirt, I really appreciated not wearing 10 layers.
Friday (10,455 steps) - Wash Park with the gang. It was WAY colder than it should have been, and I was happy that we did a shorter loop. Did a few deliveries and met up with Ben for a beer.
Saturday (24,371 steps) - Had to get up and out the door early so I could get my run in before A's track meet. It was a nice day, but not a nice run.
Arvada City Championships! A had to run FOUR events, and they were pretty close together. She still ran very well - only 3 seconds off a PR in the 1600 and less than 10 seconds off from one in the 3200. 
I did a few deliveries before taking Ariel out to lunch at Noodles. Yum!! (But wow, they have really raised prices since I was there last. Can't believe it cost almost $30 for both of us to eat - no drinks).
A few more deliveries and then I met up with Ben at the Keg House for beers (sadly, they don't have Outer Range) and so we could talk about Cocodona. Dinner at Chili's. Got home to discover the front door open and BATMAN WAS MISSING. Olive was in her crate, and weirdly, Robin was inside, but Batman was not there!! We eventually found him (he was actually hiding under the bed), but he had definitely been outside - we found his collar near the back gate. It was a VERY stressful and scary night. I am going to be double and triple checking that all doors are closed all the way and locked. 
Sunday (45,316 steps) - Did a few deliveries. Took Olive for a long walk - and the canal is finally filled! It's always weirdly exciting and sure sign of spring.
Headed up to Boulder to meet Tyler (who was only going to join for a bit because he didn't want to do the ambitious loop) and Ben. I was feeling ok, but my stomach was a bit unhappy and I was a little tired.
The first half was ALLLLLL into a headwind. I think we probably pushed a bit too much, and it was definitely the most walking I have done on this loop in a long time. 
Also, this was my first time using a bladder in this pack, and it wasn't the most comfortable. I did go through most of my fluids though. Also, definitely got a sunburn on my arms. We went for a beer after. I was home early for dinner.
Olive has decided she likes sitting on the back of the couch. Like the cats.
Monday (26,638 steps) - Work from home. Deliveries before work. Did my "long" run at lunch - a 7 mile loop that I actually haven't done in a while. It was really quite pleasant. I think it was the slowest I have ever done it, but I felt good and I actually ran the whole thing.
Took Olive for a long walk.
Got in view of the house when we were finishing up and the garage door is possessed! It was just opening and closing on it's own. I eventually got my car out, the garage door closed and locked it. We have someone coming out in a few days to look at it. WHAT A PAIN.

Did some more deliveries, made dinner, watched some tv and in bed early. With impending snow, I unfortunately couldn't leave the window open.

Stats:
  • 164,208 steps
  • 47.21 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 30 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...