Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Week in Review (February 23 - March 1)

Tuesday (12,867 steps) - Work from home. I didn't have a ton of time so I skipped walking with Pika and did my run. I had speed work and this was NOT fun. It was sooo frickin windy, no matter which direction I was facing. I managed to hit all my "fast" paces, but I walked a TON in the recovery jogs because it was just SO MISERABLE. Well, at least I did something... haha

After I got off work I did a 10 minute Peloton ride, then did a full body strength video. Pizza!
Random picture of Batman and Pika actually sharing a couch cushion!
Wednesday (12,877 steps) - Work from home. Did my run first, since it was a short one. I was on the fence about a trail run later in the evening, but with the forecast the way it was, I figured I would get it done early just in case. It was meh, I just have not been feeling well the last few days.
After, took Pika for a walk and did a Peloton ride. I know I have an addiction to running packs, but I pre-ordered the UltraSpire Astral 4.0 in hopes that it will check all the boxes. It's cute, and I'll try it out this weekend!
Ben picked up Pho for dinner, which was great, because the snow came in fast and furious.
Thursday (10,545 steps) - Work from home, thankfully. Ariel even got a snow day from remote learning. In our neck of the woods we got about a foot of snow overnight.
Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Can you tell she just LOVES it when we have cooler temperatures and snow?
Meanwhile, Batman continues to be ridiculously needy when I am working from home. He wants to be on my lap, but he also makes it really hard to get work done. I will say I'll miss snuggling with him when I have to go back to work.
Ariel met a friend to go sledding! We haven't had enough snow (or time) to go yet this season, and she said it was a blast. I was still working, so I didn't go.
Skipped out of work a few minutes early to go to New Image for a beer. Peloton ride. Pizza again!
Friday (10,150 steps) - Work in the office. Basically nothing else. Took Pika for a walk when I got home and did a Peloton ride.
Saturday (31,295 steps) - We moved our Saturday run to Waterton Canyon because we were worried that the regular trails would be a muddy mess. I wasn't feeling too optimistic about this run, but it actually wasn't terrible. Plus, it was fun that we saw people we knew all day. Stella, Milan & Oza, and Anne. Kristin, Maureen and I were the only ones that went all the way to past the big dam. It's been years since I did it. (I will say that with working with Coach and doing hill work and more speedwork, I feel like hills have actually gotten a bit easier. Who knew?)




About the time we started heading down the wind really picked up and it started snowing. For just a few minutes I was really worried about not having warm enough clothes. Luckily a few miles down the weather cleared up a bit. Overall, fun! On the way home I stopped at Green Mountain with Mo and Greg. I got this amazing selfie with Colfax - isn't he adorable?
Peloton ride. None of us felt like cooking dinner, so we picked up Qdoba.
Sunday (16,110 steps) - Slept in. Ben decided to go for a long run with Tyler, which didn't sound appealing to me. I did my 45 minute run and it was pretty good - maybe because I finally broke out a new pair of shoes? Rowed for a bit, then when Ben got back he invited Tyler to have a beer on the patio. Took Pika for a walk, then took A to Ada's house to work on her Silver Award for Girl Scouts. Ben and I met Tyler at New Image for margaritas and nachos. 
Napped on the couch for most of the evening. Where did the weekend even go?
Monday (18,068 steps) - Work from home. I wasn't feeling great in morning, so I kept putting off my run. Took Pika for a walk and it was super muddy on the trails. Ugh.
I decided to just get my run out of the way. I had speed work again and I knew that I didn't want to do a ton of uphill, so I just went out and ran on random side streets, and it was actually a REALLY good run for me. This was "easier" speed work because I actually got walk/rest recovery between intervals, so I didn't feel a fatigued early on. This was also my first run in bare legs in quite a while. Pretty warm afternoon.
Second run in the new shoes!

Got in a Peloton ride and a short barre video.

Stats:
  • 111,912 steps
  • 29.62 miles run
  • 80 minutes Peloton
  • 10 minutes rowing
  • 25 minutes cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...