Friday, February 26, 2021

Week in Review (February 16 - February 22)

Tuesday (15,649 steps) - Work from home. Went for a solo run late morning. Writing this so long after the fact, I don't remember anything specific about this one. I had a warm up and then 4 x (2 min hard, 4 min "normal") and my only comment on Strava was that it was better than last week. I hit all my "fast" paces (under 10 minute miles, lol) and I don't think I had to walk at all. Took Pika for a walk. Big excitement of the day was... FINALLY GETTING OUR PELOTON! Even though Ben works there, we did not get any sort of delivery priority, so this was exciting. All of us did a ride to test it out. Fun!
Wednesday (19,552 steps) - Work from home. Did a BodyPump video in the morning. Don't remember if I liked this release or not. Took Pika for a walk. Since we were still quarantined, we couldn't do our normal "meet up" with anyone, so I created a route outside Boulder. This ended up being SO FUN. With the snow starting while we were out, we only saw maybe 5 people in the course of an hour. I was wearing my Smartwool Merino 250 1/4 zip under a jacket and got SO HOT. I did most of the run just in that with my jacket tied around my waist. Crazy. By the time we were heading down there were zero tracks at all, I rarely get to run on fresh now, it was fun. I really like these trail systems, and I may actually pay for a pass for Boulder trails when Covid is over.







Quick ride on the Peloton when we got home before dinner.
Thursday (11,063 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a long walk at lunch because Ben had a call he needed to do on Zoom and it was going to be easier to to do from the laptop. Also did a Peloton ride, Ariel joined me for a core video, and then I did a quick row. Phew... for a "rest" day, I sure did a lot. After work I had to pick up an order from Target, and Ariel and I decided that would also be a good time to stop and get cupcakes. I'm not sure if the cupcakes were more delicious, or this amazing German Chocolate Stout that Ben found. YUMMY!
Friday (10,706 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk, and since I already had overtime logged for the week, I did a BodyPump video. I decided that since we just got the Peloton that I was not going to continue with the Les Mils for now - this may change later, but for now, I can only do so many activities, and there is no sense in paying for multiples of things. Peloton ride. 
Saturday (19,681 steps) - Again, since we are quarantined, we had to do a solo run. I know Ben gets jealous of the different trails I run, so I tried to give him some different options, but apparently he is just as much a creature of habit as I am, because we ended up just going to North Table. Since we can't socialize, we didn't park at the brewery, and instead parked at the base of the fire road. I was pretty excited to get this out of the way right at the start, because I super hate it.
There were actually a surprising number of people out, considering the amount of snow. With the sun out, however, it was really warm, and I was glad that I had opted to just wear a t-shirt for the run, it got warm! The top of the mesa was pretty nice, packed down snow and easy to run on.


As soon as we started to head down the south side, things changed. We went from snow-covered to some ice, but mostly MUD. Ugggh. I hate running in mud and always feel badly about being on the trails when they are in less than stellar condition. At least we only saw about 4 bikes all morning, because they tend to damage the trails even more. The east side was super sloppy and gross, but once we turned back onto the west, we got back into snow, and I finally seemed to catch my groove. 

Starting at the base of the fire road actually cut the run shorter than we had planned, by over a mile and a half, but due to trail conditions we both felt like we had done adequate work, and were fine with the shorter mileage. Stopped at Home Depot on the way home because apparently they were unable to process the refund for not installing the dishwasher over the phone. We also got a new smart thermostat (mainly because Ben really wants to be able to control the temperature from his phone...)
Sunday (10,263 steps) - Ben and I had planned on a "maybe" run. I had also challenged him to do a barre video with me, and after having coffee, the plan was to get started on activity so we could relax the rest of the day. The universe had other things in mind, and when I was changing the cat box I noticed the floor in the basement was wet and pooling with water. Where it was located I immediately thought it was the water heater. WTF! But after Ben came and did some investigating, we discovered there was an active leak, although we couldn't tell where it was coming from. We went BACK to Home Depot, this time to buy a scope so we could put some smaller holes in the wall while trying to figure out where the problem was. While Ben was investigating, Ariel and I took Pika for a walk, and when we got back, he had already cut a hole in the drywall. The leak was coming from somewhere behind our (newly remodeled) bathroom. We were thankfully able to get a plumber in once we figured out where the leak was (thankfully NOT from anything they did in the remodel, but still...)

Yup, all that drama to replace this tiny connector :(
After spending an entire day doing MORE home improvement, we decided that margaritas were in order. I hadn't been to Chili's in years, and it was really neat the way they are doing contactless curbside. We did have to purchase food (we got queso) in order to do carryout margs, but it was worth it. What a freaking day.
Did a quick Peloton ride to keep my streak going!
Monday (14,330 steps) - And just like that, quarantine is over, and I had to go to work in the office. With crazy, unseasonably warm temperatures, I went for a run at lunch. I REALLY do not like running in Denver right now. I hate having to keep my mask on for so long because of all the people out. This did not go quite as well as the last time I ran this loop, but I only took one walk break (around the halfway point). I don't know if it's my shoes, or what, but I've lately had so many instances of numb feet and really tight calves again. I hate to think it's my shoes, one pair of my Newtons only has a little over 100 miles, and the other is definitely closer to retirement at maybe 300 miles. I did get some new ones on sale, but hate "wasting" shoes, although if it IS my shoes for some reason, it'll be worth it. I dunno. My coach seems to think that I need to be mindful of my sodium and potassium intake, so I've been trying to work on that to see if it helps at all. 
Trey came over to visit (and to drop off a belated wedding gift from his parents. It was fun to visit with him, I didn't get much of a chance at the wedding. Ben made tacos for dinner. Yum! (And ironically, today was National Margarita Day, although we decided two days in a row might be too much.)

Stats:
  • 101,244 steps
  • 20.67 miles run
  • 85 minutes Peloton (!)
  • 10 minutes rowing
  • 65 minutes cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...