Friday, February 5, 2021

Week in Review (January 26 - February 1)

Tuesday (11,226 steps) - Work in the office in the morning. Home early enough to take Pika for a walk. She likes the cold and snow. I do not.
More work being done in the bathroom. It may get finished eventually!
Did a core video that I didn't really like.
Wednesday (14,733 steps) - Work from home. I had a 40 minute run that I needed to get down. There is really no route near my house where I'm not going to end on an uphill, so I thought of the route that would be less awful. It was a bit challenging with snow, but I managed another run with ZERO walk breaks. Again, these are big improvements for me! After I got back I took Pika for a walk. More bathroom progress!
Ariel in her snazzy new letter jacket (that she was VERY excited to wear for her first day back to in-person school since early November) :
and... WE FINALLY GOT ALL MY MEDALS AND OUR BUCKLES UP!! Our home gym is really looking great. W

We still have some things we are working on, but all the big stuff is done. Next up is some sort of shelving for our awards, pint glasses, etc. But really excited for this progress. 
Thursday (11,885 steps) - Work in the office. Did my 25 minute run with strides on my lunch hour, and it was NOT good. I don't know why running the flats of downtown seems even harder than the hills by my house? Can I blame it on so many street crossings and there being SO MANY PEOPLE? No recollection of the rest of the day.
Friday (15,213 steps) - Work from home. The weather was FREAKING AMAZING, so I took Pika for a long trail run at lunch. She hasn't done 6 miles in ages, and in terms of "flatter" running, neither have I. She was a bit pokey, and the trails got a bit muddy on our way back, but it was fun!


REALLY starting to get excited about the bathroom!! Once they started putting the tile up on the shower walls, I could really start imagining it being done someday! Hoping everything ties together as good as we hope.
Saturday (31,457 steps) - White Ranch with the group! This trail is always soooo freaking hard. I knew I was going to be a bit tired after having done a "longer" run the day before. Obviously I was hiking a TON in the beginning. I keep hoping with regular efforts this will some day not be so hard. Haha.






There were only a few sections where it was really icy. I opted to not even bother with my spikes. And thankfully, I didn't fall. Went to Big Daddy Bagels to pick up some breakfast. Then, took Pika for a windy walk with Ariel when I got home - she was really playful!
The tile guys were really on a roll and got a LOT more work done. Woo hoo!
Ariel and I picked up our stash of Girl Scout cookies for the year. Thanks to the ability to pre-order and for even local people to buy from her page, she has already sold quite a few!
Sunday (14,184 steps) - North Table with a small group of people. The weather ended up being SUPER nice, which of course resulted in every mountain bike in the county being out. Ben and Tyler did a bigger/faster loop, and the rest of us did a relaxed and easy loop with the dogs. Fun morning!




We were all starving, so we got some nachos from the food truck. Sadly, they weren't nearly as tasty as they look. I think the cheese was somehow bland??
Monday (17,956 steps) - Work from home. I had a 45 minute run on schedule, and I re-created a loop I've done with Kristin to get the mileage I thought I might need. It was actually a REALLY good run, outside my feet being numb the last 15 minutes or so. Took Pika for a walk, and then when work was over I did a BodyPump video. Lots of lunges in this one, I'll be feeling it. The tile guys made a LOT more progress! One more day of tile guys, and then just the plumber, and we supposedly will FINALLY be done!!

Stats:
  • 116,654 steps
  • 31.09 miles run
  • 0 minutes row - ugh
  • 85 minutes strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...