Friday, January 29, 2021

Week in Review (January 19 - January 25)

Tuesday (15,686 steps) - Work from home. With the bathroom now completely gutted, the guys were ready to start work. (Bets on how long it will be before we can use this space?)
Took Pika for a walk, then did my workout of 25 minutes with strides. It's been so long since I did this I have no recollection of how this was, but I think it was ok. Ben and I went to the tile store (again) and picked out our tile for the walls... will be exciting when all this stuff is finally done.
Wednesday (20,103 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. After work headed up to Boulder to meet Tyler and Kristin for a loop in Boulder. It was a really pretty evening!

Ben and A got a TON of work done while I was gone, and the basement finally seems like it will be a functional gym (pics later).
Thursday (10,397 steps) - Work in the office in the morning. Thankfully, Joyce had warned me that she had been in over the weekend cleaning out her office. Oy, it was a lot of stuff to walk into.
Got home with enough time to walk Pika at lunch. Now that things are out of the mud room, Ariel and I had the chance to get the area cleaned up and FINALLY organized. I am loving finally having some functional space! Not to mention, having a partial room dedicated to running gear is SO AWESOME.
Rowed a bit after I got off work.
Friday (12,636 steps) - Work from home. Did my first On Demand Les Mills BodyPump class in the morning. Here's' where I told Ben "you were right, I was wrong." I thought it would be fine doing the video from my phone. No. He is right, we need a TV for this stuff. Took Pika for a walk at lunch.
This is a woman lying in the road doing stretches. Ok.
Then I did my 30 minute run with strides, which was AWFUL. I really can't do a BodyPump class and then run. Not fun.
Saturday (26,802 steps) - Up early for a run at South Table! We had 15-20 people show up again, which was nice. I had no idea where we were going for the most part, and most folks kinda did their own thing. There are a ton of trails up on the hill, so it was fun running into people on their various routes. I mostly ran with Jandy, Zach, Jen and a gal that I can't remember her name, but she is really nice, haha.



There was only one mildly icy section, so that was nice. I wish that I was in better shape right now so I could actually run some of these trails better. Ugh. After we were done, we went to Einstein's to get some quick food before heading to New Terrain to get a beer to celebrate Jeramiah's birthday.
Once I got home I actually sat in my compression legs (it's been a LONG time), and Ariel and I vegged in front of the TV.
Sunday (23,283 steps) - Even though I wasn't really looking forward to it, Ben and I were up relatively early to meet Lisa and Tyler at North Table for a big loop. I had worn too many layers and got warm before we were even a mile in, so I had to bungee my jacket to my pack. Like usual, I was really struggling on the climbs, but at least was able to take it easy on the descents. Actually stuck with Ben for a bit, so that's always good for the ego.






We had a few beers at the brewery before heading out. Ben and I were STARVING, so we headed to Torchy's to pick up lunch. And I may have gotten a Bloody Mary while we were waiting...
By the time we were done with lunch, I was exhausted. Ben and I ended up taking a nap for a few hours, and I therefore have no recollection of the rest of the day.
Monday (10,094 steps) - Work from home. Ben finally finished installing the new TV for the gym, so I did a few videos in the morning, BodyPump and a BodyFlow class, which was supposed to be a bunch of stretches, but I found it really hard to follow.
Took Pika for a walk at lunch.
Rowed for a bit after I got off work. Made dinner, and then spent a few hours hanging up medals - it's always a time consuming process. Thankfully, when we took the medals done before moving we kept them in order and took pictures of them so it actually went faster than it has in the past.

Stats:
  • 119,001 steps
  • 29.1 miles run
  • 26 minutes row
  • 77 minutes strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...