Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Week in Review (March 16 - March 22)

Tuesday (12,007 steps) - I was supposed to be working in the office, but since our street didn't get plowed, the Mini Cooper couldn't get out, so I was working from home. Ben and I took Pika for a snoooowy walk at lunch.


This woman was walking her dogs near us and they were off leash. The smaller one decided to chase a flock of geese and actually jumped off the cliffs! Lucky for him we had a few feet of snow or he might not have made it out. It was pretty scary. After I got off work Ariel and I alternated Peloton and rowing.
Wednesday (16,729 steps) - Work from home. Another snowy Pika walk at lunch. Peloton ride on a break and then after I got off work Ben and I started our Power Abs program. Ben hasn't done any form of cross training in a hundred years and it was hilarious watching him try to do stuff. I'm really happy he decided to try this with me! After I was off work we went to Boulder, thinking the trails maybe would be better and more packed snow. We were wrong. It was MISERABLE. No mud, but the snow was very wet and loose and running was basically impossible. 



We cut our run short and stopped at 4 Noses for a "St. Patrick's Day and Happy Two years of officially being in a relationship" beer.
Picked up Pho for dinner on the way home.
Thursday (18,330 steps) - Work from home. LONG walk with Pika on the sidewalks to avoid the slush. Clocked out a tad early to do my run and managed to run into Ariel's track team (although I didn't see her). The run was actually pretty great, with the exception of one mud patch. Felt good the whole time. After I picked A up from practice I did a Peloton ride and an upper body video. Did Power Abs with Ben after he got home from work. Phew!
Friday (11,368 steps) - Work in the office. I was CRAZY BUSY after being out on Monday and then working from home instead of the office on Tuesday. Ben came downtown to meet me for lunch at Rock Bottom. I can't even remember the last time we had a "date" like that - it was a lot of fun! 

Flowers from Ben because he knows how much I love sunflowers!
After I (finally) got home from work we did our Power Abs video and then took Pika for a walk around the block.
Saturday (22,040 steps) - A's first track meet of the "season." (I say season because it's technically off season for her school, but she's been training for months with the track club). Her meet was way down in Littleton and I wanted to get a run in before her race, so I dropped her off around 9 and then did a route I literally found that morning on Strava. I had stupidly glanced at the Highline while driving in and it looked fine, so I picked a loop that included a few miles of the trail. It was ok in some sections, but a lot of it was either muddy or snow-packed and icy, which wasn't fun. I started the run in my R1 but got hot after a mile or so and did most of the run in a tank top! I did recognize some streets as places I used to run when I trained with Runners Edge. The route I picked also managed to have all the climbing at the end and I was really pleased that a). I didn't walk at all the entire run, and b). that I didn't have any idea what my pace was (I had my watch on the map screen the whole time) and managed sub 11 overall pace. Woot!

Ariel sent me a text to let me know where the spectators were, but I couldn't figure out where she was talking about. When I was wandering around trying to find her coach, I ran into Megan, and we chatted for a bit. A's coach had her running the 1600, which she wasn't thrilled about. I was worried that the wind that had picked up would be a factor for her race, but she said it wasn't.

I knew that she didn't meet her time goal, but I thought she ran really well. She said after the race that she felt really good the first few laps but then was having some trouble breathing. We may have to look into it to see if she has sports-induced asthma, as she has mentioned this more than once. After she did her cool down we went to Breckenridge Brewery to meet up with Jandy (to finally deliver her Girl Scout Cookies) and Maureen. We only had one beer and then headed up to Edgewater Marketplace for lunch with some of the Belmar gang.
With the weather being so nice (seriously, I actually got a sunburn) we invited Tyler over for beers in the backyard.
Sunday (20,675 steps) - Drove up to  Boulder to meet Tyler for a run. Inadvertently, the store was doing their bi-weekly trail run, but I wasn't ready to go for it knowing how crappy the trails had been. But Nate did want us to get in their picture:
We had planned on 6 miles, and in my head, the loop we were planning was about 5, so we opted to do a loop around the lake first, to get an extra mile.
We then headed towards South Boulder creek path (that we like to call the cow trail) for the loop. 

Ben had never run over here and we promised him cows - and there were NONE. I literally have never NOT seen cows on this route, so that was pretty weird. Also weird was the pop-up driving range on the bike path near the highway. Of course Ben decided it would be a wonderful opportunity to hit a ball...
It was also at about this time that we realized this route was going to be substantially longer than 6 miles. Turns out it was 7.6... oh well. We had hoped to find a place in town for food and a beer, but nothing in the area opened until noon and we didn't feel like hanging out for an hour. We did check out the new Whole Foods, but weren't super impressed. Took Pika for a walk before the snow hit and did our Power Abs video. Ben got a craving for nachos and margaritas, so we did a carryout order from Chili's. First time in bed before 10:00 in ages.
Monday (10,021 steps) - Work from home. We actually got a decent amount of snow overnight so I thought it would be ok to walk Pika at the lake at lunch. I was wrong.
See? Lots of snow!

See? MUDDDDDY because it's been so warm
The walk was pretty miserable with the mud, and a good reminder that this time of year we just have to stay off the dirt. Sigh. Rowed a bit on my afternoon break, then did a Peloton ride. Ben and I did our abs video after he got off work. 

Stats:
  • 111,170 steps
  • 20.99 miles run
  • 55 minutes Peloton
  • 26 minutes rowing
  • 60 minutes cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...