Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Week in Review (December 27 - January 2)

Tuesday (18,484 steps) - Bonus work from home day! My main attorney is on vacation so I asked if I could do a bonus work at home day to spend time with Olive. I went for my run at lunch, and it wasn't bad, but there were still a lot of icy spots. Winter sucks. Then took Olive for a walk. She doesn't pee on walks? Strange. Nothing else?

Wednesday (12,050 steps) - First day back in the office since getting Olive. 
While at work, she apparently figured out she could jump on my bed
Headed to Louisville to meet up with Tyler and Kristin for a run at Runners Roost. I hadn't packed a rain jacket and it was raining pretty hard by the time we headed out. I managed to keep up with Larry and Kristin (sub 11 minute mile pace, which is very fast for me. Won a raffle at the store (but gave most of the prize to Kristin for Joe, since it was a male-specific top. We all went over to Terri's place after run club to say hi. (She broke her foot last month). It was already snowing pretty hard, so I didn't want to stay long. It was good to sit and chat with everyone, however. I headed out before Tyler and Kristin and the drive was pretty terrifying. We were already getting dumped on, and I think we were only supposed to get a few inches. Breathed a sigh of relief when I got home. Opted to shovel a bit, and it was really wet and heavy. A had plans to spend the night at a friend's house, and I was glad I wouldn't have to drive to work in the morning.
Thursday (9,693 steps) - Work from home, thankfully! We got over 10" of snow. 

A dog that thinks she is a cat and basically has no boundaries
I did a 30 minute strength class for "lunch" and took Olive for a short walk. She is so short that she had to bound through the snow, but I could tell she was enjoying herself. Snow was definitely above the knee on me. Woof. Ariel and I shoveled the driveway (yay, teamwork!) I had a dentist appointment at 2, and figured allowing an extra 5 or so minutes was enough. Spoiler, it was not. I managed to get stuck in the street just at the bottom of the driveway. I had to call to say I was going to be late and it took us well over a half hour to dig out. SO FRUSTRATING. But... my dentist appointment was fine. Nothing else?
Friday (10,085 steps) - We had plans to meet later at Wash Park because it's been sooo cold. I planned on just going in late to the office since my attorney is still out. The walk was SUPER cold and we cut it short again. Coffee at Stella's was good, but we are all a bit annoyed that the coffee is getting more expensive and the sizes smaller. Work was SO pointless. Everyone is out, and I think I only got maybe 4 emails the entire day. We didn't even get an early release. 
Saturday (36,598 steps) - Woke up to Olive having had an "accident" in the office. Part of the problem is that she basically won't do anything that I ask her to do. She has attached herself to Ariel and if Ariel isn't taking her out or watching her, she won't do it for me. That's going to be something we have to work on. I had plans to meet Maureen at the Morrison lot so we could drive into Bear Creek to leave her car at the Skunk Hollow lot. We had 14 miles planned with a group of friends. I hadn't done this loop in a bit, and it was almost as hard as I remembered, even with how "strong" I've been feeling lately. 


It felt very chilly when we started, but didn't even make it all the way through Red Rocks before I had to take off my jacket. Crazy how much the sun warms everything up, even when it is just in the 30's. 


By the time we hit C470 I was SO HOT. I finally even took off  my long sleeve since I was roasting. Lesson learned, I need to ALWAYS wear a short sleeve underneath my layers. Most of the group stopped at the 10 mile loop, but Lisa joined me and Maureen in Bear Creek for extra miles with Colfax. I was just NOT feeling it. So tired during this one!
We headed to Cannonball after the run to meet up with Tyler, Kristin and Doug. Also happened to see Ryan and Kelly there. 
Maureen followed me to the house so that we could take Olive for a walk with Colfax. We also texted Tyler so he could bring Koda. Mo had to leave, so I sat around doing nothing until decided to shower and go to the store to pick up a few things before going over to Kristin and Doug's house for New Year's. We had a wonderful charcuterie board and then we watched Glass Onion: Knives Out, which we all enjoyed! I went home around 10:30 and discovered that I could watch the NYE show on Peacock, even without live TV. 
Sunday (10,060 steps) - SLEPT HORRIBLE. This is a good reminder why I do not drink anymore (or rarely, at least). Ben and I went to a new restaurant, Famille, for breakfast, and it was delicious.
Sat around for a bit watching TV with the cats and dog.
Took Olive for a walk. Even going for nearly an hour, still no peeing! It was a lot slushier at the lake than I had hoped. 

Finally put Olive in her new adorable (and I'm sure completely unnecessary jacket):
Monday (20,253 steps) - Slept much better, thankfully. Woke up relatively early, but did not have the motivation to go for my run. It was cold and foggy out. Finally, I put on my spikes and headed out. Initially I thought running the trails might be ok, but they were pretty rutted and it was hard to run on, so I jumped into the neighborhood. Still very little was plowed!
Still had to take Olive for a walk. She sported her new snazzy jacket. Somehow, it had gotten even colder when I took her out, so we only did a small loop.
I took a scalding hot shower when I got home and convinced Ben to take me to lunch. We had hoped to go to Salsa's, but they were closed when we got there, so we went to Emilio's, which was also good. Then I had to go to Costco (boo) which wasn't as busy as I feared, and then to King Soopers to pick up a grocery order. The rest of the evening was spent watching TV (Criminal Minds and finishing Jack Ryan).

As an aside:
Olive has picked Ariel as her person, the Alpha. She suddenly barely listens to me. She won't go outside right away, and even when she goes out she just stays by the door. When I try to let her in she just stands there. Even trying to give her treats she just stands at a distance and stares at me. Trying to not be frustrated, I know it hasn't been that long. But geez. 

Stats:
  • 117,223 steps
  • 29.27 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 30 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...