Friday, January 20, 2023

Week in Review (January 10 - January 16)

Tuesday (11,447 steps) - Work in the office. Got the email that I'm back on the Runners Roost team for another year, wooo!
Spent most of the day at work researching dog walkers for Olive. I found a guy that seemed like he was going to work great and he was willing to work with Olive's "insecure" behavior. Went for a walk at lunch. Took Olive for a walk as soon as I got home. Then, I did a 30 minute Peloton ride and 30 minutes of cross training (upper body and core). I was cleaning the carpet in the office where Olive has peed a few times and she went downstairs and peed by the front door (which is the other place in the house she has had accidents). Ugh with these issues with her peeing in the house. UGH.
Wednesday (19,597 steps) - Put a call out on Facebook for help with Olive's bathroom issues. the overwhelming suggestion was to crate her and "re potty train" her. Thankfully, I have amazing friends, and I had multiple people that were willing to let me have/use a crate (thank you, Paula!). Meanwhile, the guy that I hired to walk Olive was a dramatic no show!! I messaged him at 2:30 since I had scheduled the walk for 12:30 and I hadn't heard anything. I didn't hear a word until 3:15 when he said he had to Uber to the house because he was in a car accident? Whether that is true or not, why would he have not responded to my message from 45 minutes earlier? Luckily, Ariel was home and told him that she had already let Olive out and his services were not needed. What a disaster. 

Headed up to Boulder after work for my hill workout. After last weeks "success" I was fairly optimistic. I really shouldn't have been. It was a MESS on the trails. With the warmer weather, the lower trails were crazy muddy and all the upper trails were a skating rink. Thankfully, I remembered traction again.
It was also VERY foggy, which made it super hard to focus on the trails. Thankfully, I had also packed extra batteries in my pack, because I ended up having to swap them out mid run. This was really not my favorite workout.


Went back to the Roost to socialize for a few minutes, but I didn't stay long.
Thursday (13,875 steps) - Work from home. Did a Peloton ride in the morning. Took Olive for a walk at lunch. Also did an upper body workout and core. After work I headed down to Lakewood for Belmar run club! I haven't been there in YEARS - maybe not since before Covid?? 
I was a bit nervous for how Olive would do with all the people and dogs, but other than being shy and nervous, she actually did really well! I was wearing jeans and lots of layers because I planned on walking, but Olive had other ideas and we ended up hanging out with Paula doing C25K training. 
It was actually really fun, and Maya decided she can put up with Olive!
Friday (10,180 steps) - Wash Park! Almost everyone came this week. Pete's dog, Rocket, crossed the rainbow bridge earlier in the week and Rocket had joined us for almost all our walks for the last few years. He will be missed. Look at the amazing cookies that Kristin made to honor him! Looks just like him.
After work I headed to the High Lonesome lottery drawing that was being held a few miles from the office. It was quite the event! There was a film before the drawing and it was really good and got me pretty pumped for running this. I did not make the initial roster, but landed 4th on the waitlist, so I'm assuming I am running in July!
Saturday (39,843 steps) - LONG RUN. I had 3 hours on schedule, and due to the trail conditions I had to do it all on road. I was wearing some Smartwool capris that I had bought last year and quickly discovered that with my weight loss that I can no longer keep my phone in the pocket or they slide down. Good/bad, I guess. Thankfully, since I was planning on being out forever, I had my vest.
Clean, newish shoes and some of my favorite socks - Avo-cardio
Thankfully, it was not icy at all (or hardly at all), and I didn't really have to watch my pace since Greg had assigned Z2/Z3. I actually felt really good most of this run. AND, by the time I was getting ready to turn around it had warmed up enough that I took off my R1! Woooooo!
Strangely, even though the whole back half is uphill, I even managed negative splits. Go me. I had mapped out a route to gauge distance and it ended up working perfectly so that I finished with enough time to get in a quick shower before going to A's track meet. The meet was indoors at the Mines, and like I remembered (pre-Covid), it was crowded and chaotic. But, A ran really well for off-season and was only about 20 seconds of a PR.

I sat around watching TV since A had to go to work. I go this adorable picture of Olive and Batman getting sorta close to each other. Awww.
Even though I was really not motivated to leave the house, I went to Sully's for his Christmas/birthday party. I did not know ANYONE this time, so it was awkward just talking to him (since he is the host, I felt bad bout monopolizing him, but...). I was also not drinking, and the only other sober person was a lady that was 5 months pregnant. Needless to say, I did not stay for very long.
Sunday (33,532 steps) - I didn't set an alarm because I figured Olive would wake me up early. And she did, but then I went back to sleep and slept a bit later than planned. I had another 2 hour run on schedule, but I also had plans with Heather to meet up around lunch, so I had to get out the door. I overdressed a bit, but the run itself was actually pretty good. Quick shower, then I headed down to Denver to pick up Heather. We stopped at Tap & Burger to have lunch. I had a burger and sweet potato fries, and it was delicious. We picked up Olive and drove to Boulder. I wasn't sure how bad the Eldorado trails would be. A bit muddy, some ice, but not too bad, and Olive had a great time!

We stopped at the Roost to see if Sandy and Trish were working, but they weren't :( We still had Olive dressed in her dirt bag jacket, and my goodness, she looked so adorable!
Heather and I started to watch "Home Edit" - have you seen this show? OMG, I am addicted already. A was agreeable to join us for dinner, so we went to Salsa's. 
I took Heather home since it was getting late.
Monday (25,758 steps) - Made plans with Heather to go to Waterton. I was up early since Olive came to visit me when Ariel went to work. Isn't she adorable?!
Once again, I overdressed. I had 90 minutes "Z1/easy" on schedule.
I figured I was basically just going to be trotting to keep my HR that low. For the first mile, it worked fine. Then for WHATEVER reason, my HR was through the roof - like 160s and 170s even though my pace was crawling and it was crazy easy. Sometimes I think things just get weird in the canyon.
For the first time EVER, I actually saw otters in the water! They were so cute!
I was ready to be bummed at the lack of sheep, but there were a few only a mile from the car, so that was fun!
I gave up on trying to keep HR low, and my watch told me this when I was done:
Heather was already back at the car, and she found an amazing place to eat for brunch.
Bacon Social House! I had some delicious Carrot Cake pancakes. I'm aware that's not bacon, but they were soooo good.
We stopped at Target and somehow I ended up buying bins so that I could start cleaning/organizing the mud room. (Thanks, Home Edit!). Took Olive for a walk and then we decided to get pedicures. Ariel joined us and my toes haven't looked this great in ages.
And because Heather is an amazing friend, she assisted with cleaning and organizing. Not quite done yet, but it looks freaking amazing. 
We picked up Costco pizza for dinner and then I still had to drive Heather back to her hotel in Denver. A lot of driving this weekend, but FUN (and, strangely productive).

Stats:
  • 154,232 steps
  • 39.56 miles run
  • 60 minutes of cardio
  • 60 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...