Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Week in Review (May 10 - May 16)

Tuesday - Did a short Peloton ride, then it was back to work. Sigh. Was really busy at work and barely had time to go for a short walk at work. It always feels like a punishment to be back from vacation. After work I headed home to pick up A to take her back to the school for her end of year concert. I did some laundry and headed over to watch her perform. She's gotten so good!!
Wednesday - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. After work I had to take A over to the school for her first in-person trip meeting in over two years! I brought Pika with me and I took her for a walk.
Pika LOVES playing in the sprinklers!
After the meeting I dropped A off HER school so that she could watch the choir concert.
Thursday - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Short bike ride, a barre video and some arm work. What else?
Friday - Wash Park and coffee with everyone. Work in the office. After work I walked up to Coohills for an event. I got there way earlier than I needed to, but worth it to walk from the office and avoid paying for parking. Lisa, Annette and Maureen also came, and it was good to see them. I had planned on walking, but we did a few run intervals for my first "run" since Cocodona. We got some free food and a drink. I left around 7:30 to head home for a pizza dinner.
Saturday - I had plans to maybe go for a hike. No intent on miles or anything, and in fact, I wasn't even sure where I wanted to go. I ended up going to North Table, thinking it was early enough that it wouldn't be that crowded. I figured I would do "something" and stop when I got tired. The climb up was rough, but it always is. When I got to the top, I decided to "jog" a bit. That ended up being about 3 miles of straight running! It wasn't fast, and I was taking it SUPER easy. But it was good!
I saw about 3 dozen deer!


I walked some of the climbs, but honestly, "ran" more of this loop than I usually do. I felt REALLY good and happy during this run. Something I haven't experienced in I have no idea how long. It was crazy, and awesome.

Got home, took a shower and took Pika for a walk. Then I met Ariel at the school for her end of year orchestra banquet. It went on FOREVER. 
All the music and theater sophomores
I went downstairs to put litter in the cat box and discovered MORE WATER. Pretty sure this is our fifth water related issue since we bought the house. It wasn't confined to the concrete area - it actually seemed to be seeping under the baseboards on EVERY WALL. We could NOT figure out where the water was coming from. Turned the water off and managed to get a plumber to come over around 9 pm. In just a few hours we estimated we used the shop vac we borrowed to suck up well over 100 gallons of water. (Our neighbors have a huge industrial shop vac). When he couldn't figure it out we called the city emergency water line - they assured us it was NOT a water main break. No water to use, no answers. The water finally seemed to stop coming in and we got as much water cleaned up as we could. We eventually went to bed and figured we would deal with it in the morning.
Sunday - Hadn't slept great. Managed to get a hold of the company that installed the radon mitigation system and they said they could come out and look at it - but seemed confused on how that could be an issue. When he arrived he unhooked something and we could see a bunch of water in the hole, but it seemed to be receding. He said he would leave it like that and come back and reattach everything to give it time to see if we needed to do anything else. SO WEIRD. Took Pika for a walk, then Ariel and I went out to buy cat food. We actually had to go to more than one store. Sat around the remainder of the day, did nothing. Watched the lunar eclipse and a few episodes of Ozark.
Monday - Up early for a run before work. My coach upped my mileage after seeing my great run from Saturday, so I had 8 on schedule. I was NOT optimistic for this. After the first couple miles, it was actually AMAZING. Other than waiting at a few lights, I literally ran the last 6ish miles with zero walk breaks, something that is unheard of for me. 



Work from home, took Pika for a walk at lunch. Nothing else? Probably watched Ozark.

Stats:
  • 19.34 miles run
  • 80 minutes of cardio
  • 60 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...