Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Week in Review (September 21 - September 27)

Tuesday (16,009 steps) - Work in the office. Left at lunch to do a short loop at North Table before heading home to walk Pika at lunch.

Wednesday (13,976 steps) - Got up early to get my "4ish" miles in before work. I planned on running the south side of the lake, and was glad to have chosen that route as I needed to use the bathroom at the turnaround point. Unfortunately, the bridge where I would normally have gone back was closed, so I had to go about a half mile (?) further in order to cross the canal. It was a beautiful morning - cold, so I was glad I had worn long sleeves. Fall is definitely here!



Thursday (10,899 steps) - Work from home. Did a 45 minute Peloton ride and finished watching Click Bait - what a crazy show! Took Pika for a walk at lunch.
Friday (11,116 steps) - Day off! Took Pika for a walk at lunch, then Ben and I started to the drive to Frisco. We checked into our Airbnb, then we went to Outer Range for a beer. We were undecided about what to do for dinner and ended up just getting food at the brewery. It was really nice that we were staying in same parking lot. 

Apparently the only picture of me with my hair "straight" for the night...
We watched a movie, got some food at Whole Foods and headed to bed. Unfortunately, the location of the condo we were staying in backed against the Frisco bus station and it was sooo bright. I barely got any sleep. Frustrating. 
The place is tiny, but cute!
Saturday (72,086 steps) - West Line Winder 50K - and how we celebrated on our one year wedding anniversary!
We weren't going to make the same mistake of not eating early, so we headed over to Ollie's for some good ol' fashioned pub food. I had a delicious plate of pulled pork nachos that there was NO HOPE of me being able to finish.
After dinner we went back to the condo and showered before heading over to Outer Range for a beer. I tested out the Squirrely - which was a bit "much" for me after such a long day.
We started watching a movie, but only made it a few minutes before having to go to sleep. Exhausted.
Sunday (14,611 steps) - Sleeping in was a fail. We opted to do our hike/run first in hopes that the trails wouldn't be crowded. Ben had suggested an out and back at Officer's Gulch on the Ten Mile trail, which I hadn't done before. It was beautiful! A bit more climbing than I expected at the start, but there was enough smooth areas that I was actually able to run some sections.








Ben picked out a place for us to get breakfast, Butterhorn. There was a bit of a wait to get in, but the weather was nice, so it wasn't a big deal. First, we got the most amazing Bloody Mary:
I got a the Eggs Butterhorn. Two poached eggs on a freshly baked croissant with Canadian bacon and avocado with roasted red pepper sauce. IT WAS AMAZING.
After we ate we went into Breck to walk around for a bit before heading to Broken Compass for a beer.
Went back to the condo to pack and finish watching the movie we had started. Check out and went to Outer Range for one more beer before heading down to the city. Unfortunately, we hit a TON of traffic on the way down because we left so late. We stopped on the way home to pick up Qdoba for dinner.
Monday (7,599 steps) - Work from home, and thankfully, a rest day! Took Pika for a walk at lunch. We remembered to pull the top tier of our wedding cake out of the freezer to have some - it wasn't as bad as I feared! The fondant was the only sketchy part.

Stats:
  • 146,296 steps
  • 45.56 miles run
  • 45 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...