Thursday, December 30, 2010

Three Things Thursday - I'm having a bad day...

1. I got "laid off" at work today. All over a day off that my boss knew about when she hired me.

2. The day that caused me to get laid off (for travel to MS/AL races):

  • Delta has delayed departure, which therefore delays arrival. Landing us in AL (180 miles from the expo) with 3 hours to get through the airport, rent a car, and drive there (MapQuest says it is a 3.5 hour drive).
  • Meaning we won't have enough time to drive to the expo to pick up our packets.... which is a problem because...
  • They REQUIRE expo pick-up and their website specifically states not only is there NO late or race day pick up, but they do NOT allow friends or family members to pick-up.

3. Oh, the irony.

2010, you were *this* close to being pretty damn awesome. I'm disappointed.

14 comments:

  1. ugh thats awful! (both job and racing) On the bright side of things, last race you had horrendous flight issues and stress and you ran a PR... so you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you write the race people, they HAVE to come up with some sort of solution. It wasn't for lack of planning your part that you're missing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total suckfest! Just a total suckfest! Look at it this way: 2011 can't possibly be worse, and has to be super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That blows!!!! Sorry about the job. I would raise holy hell with the race directors if they do not accommodate your packet pick up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry about the job! That's a really crappy thing for your boss to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh that sucks!
    that is a crappy thing that happened.
    hopefully things will turn aroudn quickly for in with 2011

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...