Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Week in Review (April 20 - April 26)

Tuesday (8,599 steps) - Woke up to snow (again), but the roads looked fine, so I headed into the office. Apparently that's all I did.
Wednesday (17,596 steps) - Work from home. I was feeling very motivated, so in the morning I rowed, then took Pika for a "short"ish walk and then did a run with Tyler and Kristin. Kristin had hill repeats on schedule, which I didn't really plan on doing, but they ended up not being terrible. After work I did a Peloton ride and some strength training.
Thursday (19,585 steps) - Work from home. Had my call with Abby (dietician) and got a lot of good information going into the next week - mainly adjusting calorie intake and taking a closer look at macros. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. After work I went for a run. The first half of the run was ok, but I was pretty tired and suffered a decent amount during the back half. Not that I am expecting running to ever be "easy" but I would like for it to be... better.
Spent the evening meal prepping (which so far, I don't love), trying to get my macros/calories lined up.
Friday (16,359 steps) - Up early to meet Pete and Kristin at Wash Park for a lap. Went to get coffee before heading to work. Nicole is still sitting by me, and it's been fun catching up with her. I got out of work a bit early so I could watch Ariel's first "scrimmage" of the year for track. It started early enough that I missed her running the 1600, but I did get to watch her run a 3:15 800!

Pizza!
Saturday (16,859 steps) - Woke up at 3:30 (not intentionally, that was actually an hour before my alarm went off). After failing to fall back asleep, I just got up. Ben and I were volunteering at a local trail race near the house. We planned on just running to the start since it was less than two miles away. Haven't used a headlamp in a loooong time... The run wasn't great and Ben's neck was still hurting so we took it easy. We arrived early to volunteer and spent the morning handing out bibs and then eventually handing out medals at the finish line. I've missed volunteering, I think it had been about a year and a half since i last helped out at a race, thanks to COVID.

Maureen had dropped Colfax off at the house with Ariel, and she met us at the race and we ran back to the house. Grabbed the dogs and took them for a walk. After that, the rest of the evening was spent in the backyard soaking up the sun and drinking beer. Tyler, Jeramiah & Stephanie & Elanor, and Kristin and Doug all were there, in addition to Maureen. Ben had to get his second dose of his vaccine, but I never left the house (nor did I take any pictures, apparently).
Sunday (24,801 steps) - Woke up early. Again. I didn't need to leave until 8, but I was up before 6 anyway... grrrr. Met up with Jeramiah, Kristin and Tyler to do a run at South Table. I really felt like crap, and my heart rate was really hard for the relative effort that I felt like I was using. Jeramiah ended up turning around early, but the rest of us did a loop at the top. Even though I wasn't feeling well, I'm glad I went, it was a nice morning.


Ariel and I took Pika for a walk at the lake.
We were "motivated" so we finished working in the mud room, then we cleaned and organized the shed AND took a carload of stuff to Goodwill. Ariel went to a friend's house for the afternoon and I took a nap for a bit. Did a Peloton strength workout.
Monday (16,742 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. 
After I picked Ariel up from track I went for a run. I felt like junk again right off the bat, so it was really more of a run/walk than a run. I know it's only been a few weeks, but I was really hoping that I would be feeling better after a few weeks of adjusting my diet.

Stats:
  • 120,541 steps
  • 24.73 miles run
  • 15 minutes Peloton
  • 7 minutes rowing
  • 30 minutes cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...