Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Week in Review (April 13 - April 19)

Tuesday (18,282 steps) - Work in the office. There was rain in the forecast, so I was undecided if I was going to go to run club until the last minute. It was cool, but not raining, so I opted to do one "repeat" at Dino Ridge. Instead of just trying to run up the whole thing I did a run/walk interval on the east side and it ended up being my second fastest... Headed over to Green Mountain Brewery and ran a 5Kish with Maureen and Colfax.
Stuck around for a beer and then headed home for dinner.
Wednesday (9,255 steps) - Work from home. Did a 30 minute class on the Peloton and thought I was going to die. My longest ride on it yet and it was NOT easy. Took Pika for a walk at lunch, then Ariel and I went to Qdoba to pick up lunch. I had received an opportunity to do a taste test, so my lunch was free, PLUS I got a gift card after completion. 

I may have done something crazy, but... that's what I do. So after the last few years of feeling a little "lost" in terms of nutrition and exercise, etc., I've hired a registered dietitian/personal trainer! We had our initial call and I'm excited/nervous to go through all the steps to get to a more healthy point in my life. (I know I'll need to cut down on beer - but she SAYS that nothing is off limits, so pretty excited about that).

After Ben got off work I met him at New Image for happy hour.
Thursday (15,840 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch and saw a mangy bald eagle! 
Took a second lunch to do a short run before the snow blew in. The run was not great, but at least I didn't get pelted in the eye with snow. Also did an upper body video. The snow came in REALLY quick - no one but Pika was happy to see it.
Friday (12,171 steps) - Work in the office. Because we got a ton of snow, and because I decided I didn't want to leave my car at the office all weekend, Ben drove me into work. I left work about an hour early so I could catch the train to the airport from Union Station. 
I didn't plan my food well and after having a few beers at the airport lounge I had to grab a snack before boarding my flight. Ben was already in Salt Lake after having taken an earlier flight, so he already had the car rented when I landed.

We had just over a TWO HOUR drive to our hotel, ugh! But at least I had landed on time, and we were supposed to arrive at a relatively decent hour. We stopped and picked up food at a truck stop since everything was already closed. Hey, my gas station salad wasn't bad, although it's tough to eat a salad in a dark, moving vehicle. I had picked a cheapo hotel because we were literally only going to be there a few hours, and it wasn't the greatest, but an ok place to sleep. 
Saturday (45,413 steps) - I had a bit of a hard time falling asleep, but thanks to super powerful air conditioning, I had at least stayed asleep. With our race being an hour away and starting at 8:00, we were up just after 5 so that we would both have time to get ready and check out of our room. The hotel did actually have breakfast out, so I grabbed a cup of oatmeal and a yogurt to eat on the way. We stopped in Blackfoot to get some coffee, then headed up to Menan. 

See Spitfire 25K Race Recap.
We still had some time until we were going to be able to check into our hotel, so we stopped at a brewery/restaurant in downtown Idaho Falls. The beer wasn't great, but the food was really good! Our hotel was only minutes away, so after dinner we checked into our hotel, showered, and promptly took naps. After an hour of sleep, we were ready to be "adventurous." Our hotel backed up to a nice path by the river. We were only about 3/4 of a mile away from the local brewery, so we walked over there and had a few beers.

Terrible picture of me, but whatevs.
We decided to walk on the other side of the river on the way back to the hotel, and it was really pretty at sunset.
AND... we saw beavers!! Like multiple beavers! They were really cute, like fat squirrels or marmots or something.
We walked around the Friendship Garden a bit before going back to our room and deciding what we should do for dinner. We landed on going to Buffalo Wild Wings so Ben could get wings. It was SO crowded, I didn't really feel very comfortable being there.
We went back to the room and drank some of the meowler (a small growler) of beer we had bought at the brewery and watched some TV before we weren't able to stay awake any longer. It was a long day!
Sunday (6,968 steps) - Slept LATE! I don't think we rolled out of bed until after 9:00. We headed down to the lobby to get our breakfast, then lounged around a bit in the room and packed, leaving around 10:30. The drive back to Salt Lake was much nicer in the daylight. We had no plans for the day, other than food and beer, which is basically all we ended up doing. We stopped in Ogden for lunch, at a Roosters, which had really good food and just meh beer. (It's not really the fault of the brewery, everything on tap has to be 5% or less ABV!)

The second brewery we went to was closer to the airport and didn't have a single IPA on tap, so it was really just for me to try their stouts. Again, they were ok, just not quite what I'm used to. Then onto the most exciting thing for Ben - a trip to the Patagonia outlet store! I told him to not get his hopes up as things probably weren't even that marked down, but turns out I was wrong! Ben got a vest & a Better Sweater, and I got a CRAZY good deal on a Calcite jacket - marked down to $50 from $249?!! One more stop on our way to the airport - and it was saving the best for last.

The car rental return was only minutes away & we arrived at the airport with more than enough time to make our flight. With another brewery IN the airport we stopped and had a beer & some nachos. (Seriously, weight gain over the years is a mystery).
We flew back on Southwest and managed to get seats together in row 6, which we were happy about.
The flight wasn't bad, and I watched a few episodes of Schitt's Creek to pass the time. We landed a few minutes early and got out of the airport as fast as possible, getting home just after 11:00 pm. LONG DAY.
Monday (9,624 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch, and we saw a HUGE hawk by the lake, and also, one of the adult owls was finally out of his/her nest! We've missed seeing them, so that was fun.

Did a 15 minute Peloton ride and picked Ariel up from practice. She was SOAKING from having to run in the freezing rain. We vegged out after dinner.

Stats:
  • 117,553 steps
  • 25.67 miles run
  • 45 minutes Peloton
  • 0 minutes rowing
  • 15 minutes cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...