Monday, June 14, 2010

Treadmill Training Run - Friday, June 11

I had high hopes of doing an outdoor run. Sadly, the weather was not cooperating. By the time I got off work is was overcast, cold, light rain, some thunder/lightning. So. Off to the gym I went for yet another run on the treadmill. I was thinking during that run (again), how much I just loathe the treadmill. My top dislikes:

1. It's hot. Seriously hot. All the time. There are maybe two fans over the treadmill bay, and they never have them on very high. There are no windows or doors to give fresh air.
2. They face mirrors. Seriously? As if running in place is not boring enough... now you can watch yourself run in place. Blah.
3. The timer. It's like a train wreck. I *know* I've only been running for 42 seconds. I know looking at the timer is going to make me wonder if time has stopped, yet I cannot help myself.

So. Yeah. I cannot stand the treadmill. Necessary evil, and all that. But... for the second time this week, it honestly could have been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...