Wednesday (19,294 steps) - Walked Olive to the lake before clocking in.
I worked from home for about over an hour before Ben and I took Olive to the vet. She has been itchy and scratching for a while now - nothing we have tried has worked. So... allergy shot, hopefully it works. Traffic was weirdly horrific going into Denver. Later lunch to do my workout. It was mostly fine but had a hard time keeping my heart rate lower.
Qdoba for dinner. Reacher season finale and more Yellowjackets.
It was Brit's birthday so we had some cake in the parking lot before I headed to Torchy's to meet Ben for a late dinner. Barely had time for an episode of Yellowjackets. Lordy, longest day ever.
We decided to go to Vail for a trip up Berry Picker. We weren't sure if we were going to miss the changing leaves or not and decided not to risk it since the weather was nice. TONS of parking and the jaunt up the hill was beautiful and tough like always.
Ben and I went to Costco at lunch since we have ZERO food in the house. Another walk around the block with Olive. We made dinner, a random chicken carbona lasagna - weird combo, but it was really good! More Yellowjackets.
Thursday (25,184 steps) - Walk with Olive to the lake before starting work. Had to take Olive back to the groomer so she could get the rest of her undercoat treatment - a blowout! So fancy. Went for my run at lunch. It was lightly raining so I ran on Big Dry Creek for my workout. SO HUMID.
Quick Peloton ride, an Olive walk, upper body workout. After work I headed down to Golden for trail work with Trail Sisters on Chimney Gulch. The map took me up Lookout so I had to find somewhere to turn around and get to the correct trailhead. Annoying! This was a nice night for working and I was glad that we only worked until about 7 because again, HUMID.
Friday (12,174 steps) - Quick walk with Olive before going to work. Took Olive for a walk at lunch. We left early so I could get my things packed for the weekend. I have never been one to wait until the last minute to pack and the last few trips I have done that and it is always so stressful! We started the drive up to the mountains about the time I would normally be getting off work, so that meant I did not need to bring the laptop with me. We got to the town hall in Frisco just after 6 so I could pick up my bib. Super fast and easy! Then it was to Outer Range (of course).
Lee met us there and we stayed until about 7:30. Picked up pizza from Whole Foods and then back to Lee's house. We had dinner and then spent an odd amount of time researching the Sri Chimnoy Transcendence race.
Saturday (27,909 steps) - Up at 6 for Run the Rockies - race recap to follow. We drove up to Copper Mountain for the start and took Olive for a quick walk on the bike path. There is snow on the peaks?!
Since the weather was still being iffy, we planned to go to Highside so we could be inside and get food. Managed to get a pic of my NA beer but not the nachos we got.
I took off my wet clothes in the bathroom and put on one of Ben's truck hoodies and could NOT get warm. He grabbed the moving blanket from the truck, but I was still freezing. How am I possibly going to be able to survive winter?? I heard back from Greg that he was leaving Leadville and we agreed to meet him at Outer Range. They had half their patio closed for their Summit members gathering, but we were thankfully able to get some seats at the outdoor bar. We stayed chatting with Greg for a bit - it was great to see him, we don't cross paths much anymore. Time to head to Lee's house and I was really glad to change out of my race clothes and put on my joggers. Lee picked up JJ's Chinese food for us and we spent a decent amount of time watching the Run Rabbit livestream.
Went to bed early because I was totally exhausted.
Sunday (18,107 steps) - Took Olive for a walk around the block. I love that people are already putting out their Halloween decorations!We decided to go to Vail for a trip up Berry Picker. We weren't sure if we were going to miss the changing leaves or not and decided not to risk it since the weather was nice. TONS of parking and the jaunt up the hill was beautiful and tough like always.
We stayed at the top for a beer (NA for me) and then took the gondola down.
| The fear when Olive remembers she has to get on the gondola |
Lunch at Garfinkel's. Sidenote: We are such creatures of habit that even though we have only done this 3-4 times Olive knows exactly where to go and what to do. Pretty silly.
Quick window-shopping stop at Patagonia before heading down the hill. Met Lee at Outer Range and then started the drive down. We had waited until it looked like traffic wouldn't be that bad - spoiler - it was horrific and it took us almost three hours to get home. It was dark by the time we got there and we had to unload the truck. Did some things around the house and had a frozen burrito for dinner before an episode of Yellowjackets.
Monday (22,986 steps) - Olive walk to the lake before I clocked in for the day.
Greg actually gave me a workout (!) to do, which was surprising to me since I had raced on Saturday. I had some apprehension about it, but it actually went REALLY well.
Stats:
- 139,111 steps
- 32.87 miles run
- 16.13 miles walked
- 25 minutes of cardio
- 40 minutes of strength
- 0 minutes of sauna
No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)