I had a lingering stomach ache that held on for the better part of the day, so I didn't eat a thing until about 3:00. I was really tired when I got home so skipped another walk with Olive. Ben ordered in Chili's for dinner and I barely ate any of my food, hoping to save for when I was hungry again.
Criminal Minds.
They actually had pizza from Blue Pan for us after, and some NA beverages. We got home with enough time to relax a bit, finishing up the latest season of Criminal Minds and starting the next episode of Lioness.
Finished the episode of Lioness and then watched an episode of Reacher.
We heard the bear was still in the area occasionally, so we walked up by where he had been earlier, but we didn't see it. Sad. Spent most of the night hanging out at the camper enjoying the sunset.
Wednesday (26,491 steps) - Opted to work from home since my stomach was still off. Took Olive for a walk to the lake before starting work.
I had a workout on schedule and planned on bailing if my stomachache continued. Somehow, the run was actually fine, fast repeats/tempo is SO HARD.
Managed to actually eat lunch and took Olive for a quick later lunch walk. After I got off work Ben and I both went to North Table for another night of trail work. A much bigger group this week, and we got a ton of work done.
Thursday (17,554 steps) - Once again I had to get up early for a run. I opted to run on the south side, thinking a tiny flashlight would be enough light. It was actually fine running on the wider trail closest to the lake, but I had to pull out my light for the less maintained stuff higher up. I was a bit surprised at how slow my pace was (yes, I was running easy) because it felt like I was moving well, but maybe that's just because it was so dark, haha.
Took Olive for a walk before heading to work in the office. The last mandatory meeting at lunch, yay!
I was busy most of the day closing files but still was able to get out for a short walk. Did a delivery on the way home and then we went to Torchy's for dinner. I was a bit surprised Ben didn't want to do anything different for his birthday!
| The card is from his mom and is HILARIOUS |
| Ben's gift from me is the fox! |
Friday (20,946 steps) - I planned to work from home, so I took Olive for a walk to the lake before clocking in. After lunch we headed up to Loveland for our weekend of volunteering at FRUD. We set up camp and went to get a late lunch/early dinner at CJ's.
| Puppy burger for Olive! |
Saturday (34,153 steps) - Initially I had told Ben I was going to get up at like 4 in the morning to get my run in before the heat, but that didn't happen. I had some coffee and managed to get started a little before 8 am. It was warm, but not as bad as I thought. It was actually a pretty nice run and I ran a few of the other ponds in the area - some had more shade than others.
After I finished Ben and I took Olive for a walk - still no bear. I changed clothes and we went into town to get brunch at AKA - I got French toast and it was REALLY good!
It was very hot, but we kept the runners happy with a variety of popsicles. Terri was volunteering with us and time went by pretty quick. We hung out with Larry and Jandy after finishing, as well as other runners. I was exhausted after our shift was done, but we stayed up chatting for a bit before bed.
Sunday (25,615 steps) - Groundhog day. I had a run to do again, but didn't get up and out the door as early. Once again, it was still warm, but not horrible. Random loops again for about a 10k total. Faster than yesterday and I think that was because I ran for a bit with Caolan, who is much faster than I am. Took Olive for another walk, a bit longer this time - still no bear. Drove into town to get lunch and the first place we went only allowed dogs on the patio and there was not enough shade, so we left. We found the brewery we had gone last year that allowed dogs inside, but had to walk around in town a bit to kill time before they opened. I got a huge cookie to eat later.
Volunteering was the same afternoon shift, and things had definitely slowed down a bit. More popsicles to keep runners happy. After days of horrific heat, we finally got a little rain towards the end of our shift. We got back to the camper right before the skies opened up and we had a monsoon of rain. It was bad enough that when it broke for just a few minutes Olive and I went into the camper because we were getting pelted with sideways rain - even under the canopy!
Monday (19,004 steps) - We hung out for a bit at the start early in the morning and my run got put off EVEN LATER. I only had an easy 45ish minutes and this was also a pretty fast run.
VERY humid after all the rain. We got all our things packed up and went back to the start/finish for a bit to help out and chat with runners before heading towards home. We wanted to go to 300 Suns, but they were apparently closed for Labor Day. We went to 4 Noses because we planned on getting burgers from the food truck, but that was ALSO closed, so we had pizza delivered for lunch. I took Olive for a walk, unpacked, showered - which included Olive getting cleaned, etc. Watched a pretty terrible movie, The Runner, on Amazon and the most recent Reacher episode. Where on earth did the weekend go?
Stats:
- 154,787 steps
- 29.53 miles run
- 18.07 miles walked
- 50 minutes of cardio
- 20 minutes of strength
- 0 minutes of sauna
No comments:
Post a Comment
I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)