Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200!

After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way I could drive a half hour to Oxford without resting a bit, so I took a nap behind the wheel. Enough time had passed that I thought I'd be able to get to my hotel roughly the time check in would be. On the drive I was thinking how good ice cream sounded, and low and behold, there was a Dairy Queen at the exit I needed to take anyway. I got an order of cheese curds and a chocolate blizzard with Heath. Delicious.
Went to check in at the hotel and realized I had still had my time zones locked and I was an hour ahead. I still had an hour to kill until my room was going to be ready. This was disappointing. I figured I'd walk to one of the nearby restaurants and grab a beer. For fun, I took a picture of the top of my head so Ben could see what a nest my hair looked like after 5 days of braids.
First I tried the Mexican restaurant, but after a few minutes of not seeing a single person I walked a few more blocks to an Asian restaurant. I got a Blue Moon and was falling asleep at the bar, so one beer was plenty. Finally was able to check in. Got all my stuff in the room in one trip and was ready to take a shower and relax - I found this gem of a blister that I didn't even know I had...
I had thought about having a beer but decided to just rest for a few minutes while watching Friends reruns. Next thing I knew it was 10:30 at night?! Closing my eyes for a "sec" resulted in a 6+ hour nap. I called Ben and Ariel and talked to them for a few while I was trying to sort through all my stuff so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning. By now I couldn't find anything to eat and I didn't want to wander around town so I settled for one of my leftover Belgain waffle things from Costco and the beer I'd put in the fridge.
Wednesday (12,367 steps) - Slept in much later than I ever do, and Garmin was like, hi, good to see you are alive after being mostly dead for 60% of the day.
Rinsed off again and got breakfast in the lobby. 

I needed to get to the airport to drop off the rental and get on my flight. I stopped at Buc-ee's on the way for gas and to get a snack and my Alabama souvenir. The drive was fine, overall (and Alabama roads are 1,000 times better than Colorado's). Checking my bag was easy as the airport was basically empty, got briefly flagged at security so they could swab all my batteries and I paced up/down the airport to get my steps in. Thankfully, I had chosen to fly in/out of Birmingham instead of Atlanta. I love small airports. There was a bar right next to my gate so I had a beer while I waited. Blister seems even angrier.

The flight was no biggie, and I watched the movie "Priscilla," which I thought was one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Terrible. Do not recommend. Watched Friends reruns until we landed. People were REALLY slow getting off the plane. I walked ALL the way until I was just about to board the train when I realized I had actually forgotten to pick up my checked bag. So then, of course, I had to walk all the way back to get it. Train was uneventful and I did my Instagram race post. By the time I shuffled to the office to get my car (ohmygod my bag felt twice as heavy as before) it was basically the time I would normally be leaving the office anyway. I did a couple deliveries and picked up Ariel to meet Ben at Parry's for dinner.
Took Olive for a walk.
Thursday (11,246 steps) - Was shocked out of bed by Ben screaming "Rebecca, I need help!" I screamed back "are you ok? am I ok? What's happening?" Well, to continue our trend of our house falling apart, apparently the hose that connects the water line to the fridge broke and was spraying water everywhere.  I found someone on Nextdoor that would be able to come later morning and he got it all fixed in less than 45 minutes, including a trip to Home Depot. Apparently, that scared out another mouse at some point. (I think that is at least 4 in the last few months).
Took Olive for a walk at lunch, missing the window of "nicer" weather and it was snaining. Still "fighting" with the sprinkler guy, who messaged in the morning to ask for more money, but has still not finished the work. He had asked if I would be home, which I said yes and then I didn't hear anything until after 4 when he said it would have to be Friday instead. Ok, cool, but we have a deadline that is rapidly approaching and you are still not finished... Zero idea of what we did for dinner, but I think we went out. Short walk with Olive.
Friday (17,382 steps) - Wash Park and coffee with the gang and then work in the office. Pretty busy day with all the stuff Joyce saved for me. Did a few deliveries before meeting Ben at New Image. Ariel was supposed to have a soccer game, but it was snowing pretty hard. She finally did message that the game was going to be postponed, so Ben and I went to Torchy's for dinner. 
Saturday (11,334 steps) - Woke up and were having coffee, trying to figure out what we were going to do about the sprinkler guy completely blowing us off. The jerk finally messaged us and was trying to play off like he had no idea we had any sort of timeline or deadline, got really lippy and then started to threaten us if we didn't pay him. Ben fired him. Without someone to finish the work, we spent a bit on Nextdoor and Facebook trying to see if we could find someone to possibly help us out - it had snowed overnight which was going to make everything even more difficult. Did a Peloton ride so I could keep my streak alive and went with Ariel to get us all coffee. Took Olive for a long walk, which she really enjoyed. 

We did talk to a few people who thought they might be able to help, but they would not be able to come by until Sunday... talk about last minute! Ben and I were both starving by this point, so we went to Bluegrass for a beer and a snack.
Went to Home Depot to get another camera for the garage and then 4 Noses.
Sunday (11,858 steps) - The whole day was going to be spent revolving around other people. We had one guy come by and he seemed "fine," but neither of us was super crazy about his vibe. Took Olive for another long walk.  We had the police scheduled to come by at 1 for a civilian assist so the sprinkler guy could get his tools since we felt like he was threatening. Once that was done, we had another guy come by and he basically said he could take over the whole project. We made dinner and decided we would just have the newer guy take over the deal. Not a relaxing weekend at all. 
Monday (15,357 steps) - I should have taken more "before" pictures - but this is basically what it looked like with the first sprinkler guys half ass job:

The new guys were to show up at 7, so I had to be up earlier. They arrived shortly after 7 and got to work right away. By 8:30 I couldn't believe how much they had done. Got a call from the towing company that they would be arriving soon to pick up Lucy to take her to the shop (PS, Ariel was in an accident while I was out of town, not her fault). Ariel and I went to get coffee and while I was gone the car got towed. Had to stop at the bank to get a deposit for the new contractors. They were hard at work all day.
9 TONS of rock were delivered - the truck looked huge, the pile of rocks, not so much.
Took Olive for another long walk - it was much warmer than it has been in DAYS.

Work seemed to stop a bit early afternoon. They got the sprinkler part of it completely done and started the railroad tie border started. We did ask the contractor to angle the corner a bit more and I think they needed to grab some additional supplies, but really pleased with the progress.
Did a few deliveries, but it was slow, so I came home and Ben and I took Olive for a walk.
Made dinner, then we we watched an episode of Better Call Saul with Ariel.

Stats:
  • 122,681 steps
  • ? miles run - whatever miles when I finished Southern States on Tuesday, maybe 15?
  • 15 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 23 to April 29)

Tuesday  (13,393 steps) - Peloton before work and strength training at lunch. The landscapers had been hard at work all day. Crazy how much ...