Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally stopped at REI on the way home to do my returns that I have been stockpiling since October. Ariel and I had lunch and then took Olive for a walk. The landscaper came (early) to mark the yard for sod. (As an aside, is working with every contractor on earth the most frustrating thing??) Starting my packing and then did some driving after work. It was actually a pretty good night, which was surprising since the weather is actually really nice. Ben and I took Olive for a walk. Watched the finale of "Wednesday" and really hope season 2 comes out soon, although I did some research and it seems it will be a while.
Wednesday (20,171 steps) - Work in the office. Took a late lunch to drive to Arvada to get my run in before Ariel's soccer game. First "warm" day in a long time and I inhaled my first bug of the season. 

As for A's game - THEY FINALLY SCORED AND WON!! 


Thursday (20,844 steps) - Work from home and started race packing. 
The sprinkler guy was supposed to come over and start work, so I did my run early and then walked Olive (and the canal is filled for the summer!). 
Ariel and I went to Costco for lunch and a few groceries before he called to say he wouldn't be coming by. (UGH, CONTRACTORS). Ariel was playing in the home JV game, so I stopped by the school to watch after I got off work. 
Friday (20,547 steps) - Wash Park with the gang. Work in the office. Finalized all my pace charts and cheat sheets for Southern States. Met Ben at Parry's for a beer.
Saturday (18,613 steps) - Renewed our Boulder parking passes and met Larry and Terri at Doudy Draw for a run. I only had a few miles on schedule, so they had already done an hour before we got there. It was windy, but not actually as bad as I feared it would be. 
Thankful to have it done, however. Went to Roost so Ben could get  new shoes, then got breakfast at Mudrocks. Delicious!! 
Had planned to do some driving but nothing exciting was going on. Ben and I went to Costco to pick up dinner and then 4 Noses for a beer. Wind was absolutely insane all night.
Sunday (13,358 steps) - Unfortunately, still windy. We went to South Mesa so Ben could run the big loop and I had plans to hike the small loop with Olive. 
Wind in most areas wasn't that bad. Dropped Olive off and then went to Torchy's for lunch. Delicious! I did some driving for a few hours, then Ben and I went to Parry's for National Beer Day. 
Monday (18,404 steps) - Work from home. Did my run early in the morning because the sprinkler guy had said he would be there at 11. 
Spoiler, he was 45 minutes late. I did enjoy getting my run out of the way, however, and thankfully it was not crazy windy. Temperatures were perfect for running in a tee and shorts. Woo! Landscapers dropped off our timber, sprinkler guy did the inside stuff with the water lines (or whatever he was doing). I didn't have glasses to watch the eclipse.
Did some driving after work, Ariel and I got haircuts and we went to pick up Panda for dinner since Ben is gone on a work trip. 
We watched an incredibly cheesy Swedish horror movie (our favorite!) and in bed early.

Stats:
  • 129,447 steps
  • 20.3 miles run
  • 20 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...