Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (like probably since October?). Olive is definitely still fearful of "new" people in the house, so I had to harness/leash her before I left. Isn't she adorable/pitiful?
Work in the office. I had to work through my lunch so I could go home and start my colonoscopy prep. Wooo. Took Olive for a walk and settled in for a long evening.
Wednesday (10,737 steps) - Up early to do the rest of my prep. Risked taking Olive for a very short walk before Ben drove me to my appointment.
The prep was definitely the worst part. I think from the time I checked in until the time I was discharged was less than 90 minutes. Ben and I decided to go to Parry's for lunch - our first time having the lunch special!
Once I got home I took a nap and then we took Olive for a longer walk.
Thursday (22,629 steps) - Random PTO day! I had initially planned to be in Kansas running a race, but cancelled back in December. Since I have unlimited PTO, I figured I'd just keep my days off. Did some reading, then headed to Dino Ridge to do my hill workout. 
I sent Mo a text when I started my cooldown and we agreed to meet up for coffee near her house. 
Not working is really the greatest. Took Olive for a walk when I got home and did some deliveries. 
Friday (16,925 steps) - Decided last minute to get up and go for the walk at Wash Park with Olive (even though I didn't have to work!) Took Olive for another long walk at lunch. Squeezed in an upper body Peloton video so I didn't break my streak. Did quite a few deliveries and met up with Ben at Parry's for dinner.
Saturday (30,480 steps) - We met up with Larry and Terri for our "fun" loop. Terri had hurt her back, so she was staying off the technical trails. The lower trails weren't too bad.
As we got into the more shaded areas we encountered ice, snow and of course - mud.
Navigating Fern turned out to be a challenge as the trail was lost for a bit. But we finally made it - wooo.
Once we made it back down to Mesa, it was sunny and not crowded at all.

The rest of the loop went pretty well. I think coming down Bear was probably the worst trail conditions. I am not sure why, but I was also really fatigued and felt sore. Residual stuff from the colonoscopy? Who knows...

We went to Mudrocks for food and a beer. I got a delicious mac and cheese plate. 
Hurried home to take Olive for a walk and discovered she had a poop accident in Ariel's bathroom. Would have preferred not on the new tile, but still way better than on carpet. Poor puppy!
Sunday (36,495 steps) - Tried to sleep in, failed. Took Olive for a walk before we headed out for our run. We opted to run Coal/Rock Creek. Blah. The temperatures were actually really good, but this trail has pretty much hit it's limit of us running it. It actually went much better than I expected though. We stopped for protein smoothies at Ziggi's and Ben got a beer at 4 Noses before we headed home for showers and another dog walk. We decided we were hungry and went to Salsa's for a late lunch/early dinner - accidentally crashing a birthday party.
We had a few hours to kill before we needed to pick up Ariel at the airport and were watching TV when the blizzard rolled in. It started as graupel and we thought it was hail at first it was coming down so hard. Olive did not enjoy it with the wind and icy snow.
Tracking her flight, she was going to be on time, but we were nervous with the weather, so we went out early and had a beer at Danico down the street while we waited for her to get her bag.
Conditions had deteriorated quite a bit by the time we drove home. Thankfully Ben drove!
Monday (17,232 steps) - Work from home! Took Olive for a walk and went to lunch at Torchy's with Ariel. I put off my run as long as I could before heading out for an hour of cold. Seriously, it was maybe the 5th time this year I've had to run in tights - we've had a pretty mild winter overall. I was supposed to run longer but just didn't have it in me. Blah. Did some deliveries after work.

Stats:
  • 147,284 steps
  • 34.65 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 10 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...