Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Week in Review (July 25 - July 31)

Tuesday (13,463 steps) - Short Peloton ride before going to work. Walk and cross training at lunch.
Wednesday (18,055 steps) - Work in the office. Left work at lunch to work from home since Steph was coming for a visit! We took Olive for a short walk before going to Boulder for a hike/run.
Initially the plan was to hike the uphills and maybe jog the downhills, but I was actually feeling pretty decent, so we also ran Mesa trail section. Beautiful night, but warm and kind of humid.
Per Steph's request, we went to Roost after. She was pretty impressed with the size of the store (and the run club!) We then headed to 4 Noses for a beer with Ben and Kristin, then we went to Salsa's for dinner. She was pretty tired from her drive, so she went to bed early.
Thursday (15,815 steps) - Steph joined me for a recovery run! (It wasn't much of a recovery pace for me though, haha).
Went to Renegade for breakfast. Pretty good, I have never actually eaten there! Rich arrived shortly before lunch and they headed off to Longmont to pick up Steph's jeep. Fun, short visit. The rest of the work day was pretty slow, which was nice.
Friday (10,852 steps) - Wash Park and coffee! On my way into work, I apparently drove over "something" (not a pothole) and got YET ANOTHER FLAT TIRE. Like, not a slow drain, completely flat. I talked to Amber and Joyce and got the ok to head out early in hopes of getting it fixed before the weekend.
Ariel met me at Big O and I finished the work day at home. I got the call the car was done. Yay!! Of course the psi was low on the drive home, but I didn't think much of it until about a half hour later when I got in to go to Costco and it was flat!! So I headed back. They rushed me in before they closed and did a different patch method. I met Ben for a beer. Sadly, leaving the brewery and the tire was flat again.
Saturday (13,570 steps) - Oh. Hi. It's me. I'm the problem, it's me. Yes, back to the tire place right when they opened. They were a bit surprised to see me yet again and informed me (as I feared) that I would just have to get a new tire. Le sigh. Thankfully, they allowed me to just get one since my tires are still pretty good, but they would have to get it from somewhere else and it would be a bit before it was done. Ben picked me up and we went to the house. Took Olive with us for a 45 minute run - she did REALLY well, especially considering she hasn't gone for a true run in a few months.
It actually wasn't too much later that my car was supposedly done (again). This time though, with a $300 bill. Ugh. Ben and I went to Costco for lunch and our respective groceries. Met up later for a beer. When I got back home, there were some kids at the door asking if there was any yard work they could do for money. I had a few dollars in my car and they offered to pull weeds. 
Spent the rest of the evening hanging out with the animals and watching tv.
Sunday (11,949 steps) - Happy first birthday to Blue-C! Hard to believe it's already (only?) a year! Lounged around in the morning before finally taking Olive out for a walk before it got too hot. Ben met us after about a half hour, and we extended the walk to be just under 3 miles. Shortly before getting back home A asked if I could bring the portable speaker to her work - and in exchange she promised queso! We opted to also get tacos and then went to 4 Noses for a beer. Rest of the day somehow disappeared with accomplishing nothing other than a load of laundry and watching "Knock at the Cabin." For once, I figured out most of it before it was over!
Monday (19,422 steps) - Work from home. Got my "easy 5 miles with strides" done before it got too hot.
Took Olive for a walk and saw an owl for the first time in AGES. 
All in all, a pretty blah day. Went to Costco for a slice of pizza for lunch, and had a ramen bowl for dinner. A had a friend over and they watched TV in the basement and I watched a bunch of random stuff before going to bed. At least it was stormy and I hoped to sleep well with the cooler temperatures. 

Stats:
  • 103,126 steps
  • 16.89 miles run
  • 15 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 30 to May 6)

Tuesday  (17,627 steps) - Peloton ride before working in the office. Did my strength training after lunch. Left right after work to go to A&...