Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Week in Review (August 1 - August 7)

Tuesday (10,881 steps) - Peloton ride before going to work. Did cross training at work. Nothing else?
Wednesday (15,447 steps) - Work in the office. Headed up to Louisville for run club! I had plans to run with Lisa since it was her first time there. We unfortunately had to head up McCaslin to start, which felt insanely hard. I don't think I've run around Harper Lake in YEARS, and I enjoyed some of the tile/rock art in the tunnel connector.
I had 45 minutes on schedule, but with a route I wasn't super familiar with, we ended up with more miles than planned and a bit longer, but it felt pretty good (outside of the climb at the start).
Ben met me, Terri and Larry at Murphy's for a few beers and a snack. Long night.
Thursday (17,250 steps) - Work from home. Mostly easy 45 minute run and a walk with Olive at lunch.
Friday (14,140 steps) - Wash Park and coffee!
Work ended up being CRAZY busy all day, and it was nice to have leftovers from the summer party (which I did not attend) as I never got a chance to take a real lunch.
Met up with Ben for a beer at 4 Noses.
Saturday (62,132 steps) - Ben arrived just after 5:30 to head down to Waterton Canyon. I had my longest training run in probably 14 months on schedule - 26 miles! (Normally I am scheduled by time, not miles). I compromised with Greg to attempt "progression" for first/last 6 miles and hike/jog the middle part. Well, first off, we got started late. 
Saw a whole family of sheep!!
I didn't feel wonderful, but the first 6 went ok, maybe a bit slower than planned, but we ran all the way to the dam. Then, thankfully, it was time to hike!
Obligatory picture when we get to the "real" trail
The longest out/back I have ever done here is 24 miles, and even THAT was many, many years ago. I still actually remembered quite a bit, however. 

Felt mostly ok, although a little hot. I had put the Platypus bladder in my pack and decided to refill the front bottles around mile 11-12. I (mistakenly) thought that I would drink less on the way back...
Neither of us felt as good as we hoped on the way down. I recognized that this was actually going to be really good training though - running whenever I can on tired legs. I hoped that we could do the last 6 quicker than we did, but we ended up taking a lot of walk breaks. We decided to go closer to home for food, and A said she would meet us at Parry's for pizza! It was a delicious lunch, and I only had one beer. Took Olive for a walk and A to get her sports physical. We did a movie night and watched the newest Transformers movie, which we all liked!
Sunday (10,451 steps) - "Slept in." Went to Torchy's for breakfast and a Bloody Mary!
Took Olive for a walk, then we went to 4 Noses for a beer. The afternoon was spent... watching tv? I may have done some cleaning.
Monday (25,336 steps) - Work from home, thankfully. Did my run, which ended up being faster than I expected.
Took Olive for a walk. Did some chores around the house. Ariel took me to dinner at Torchy's. 

Stats:
  • 155,637 steps
  • 41.59 miles run
  • 20 minutes of cardio
  • 40 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 30 to May 6)

Tuesday  (17,627 steps) - Peloton ride before working in the office. Did my strength training after lunch. Left right after work to go to A&...