Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Week in Review (April 12 - April 18)

Tuesday (6,899 steps) - Peloton ride and strength training before going to work in the office. Nothing else?
Wednesday (27,565 steps) - Cold, cold, cold. 
I switched my work from home day because A was taking the PSAT and I wanted to take her to lunch after. Took Pika for a walk and then picked up Panda Express.
After work I went up to Boulder for my weekly hills. It was definitely still cold, and I was even greeted with snow for about 45 minutes. WHEN IS SPRING EVER GOING TO GET HERE?

Snowflakes, if you can't tell
I *finally* got around to delivering the last couple boxes of Girl Scout cookies. Until next year...
Thursday (14,607 steps) - Initially I had planned on a big Peloton stack before work, but for some reason my alarm didn't go off and I overslept. I only had time to do a ride, not any of the strength I had planned. Went to work in the office and a short walk at lunch. After work I headed over to Zorro for some trail maintenance. In retrospect, I'm glad that I didn't do strength training in the morning, carrying these heavy tools and doing manual labor (plus hiking nearly 2 miles) was way more work anyway. It was a bit chilly and windy, but a good time working and we picked up a ridiculous amount of litter. Pack it out, people!!!

Friday (9,767 steps) - Up early for the walk with the gang and coffee before going into the office. It was a pretty slow day, and we sadly did not get an early release for Good Friday. After picking up A at practice Ben and I went to a quick happy hour at New Image.
Saturday (4,856 steps) - Up sort of early to do a 45 minute bike bootcamp and some stretching before a quick shower and taking A to her track meet. I knew she wouldn't be running for a bit, but it turns out I really like watching the events, so I didn't mind being there early. A had a GREAT meet! She was only running the 800m, but she actually won her heat, and got a new PR - 2:50:12!! 
On the way home we stopped at Kneaders to share a sandwich and get some celebratory dessert. A invited her friend over, and Ben and I went to Resolute for a beer and some race planning.
Picked up pizza for dinner, A went to her friend's house for a sleepover and we watched "McFarland," which he had NEVER seen before??
Sunday (47,182 steps) - I didn't set an alarm but still woke up pretty early. Got all my gear ready for my long run. I was really excited to be testing out the Ultraspire Zygos 5.0 - except it seemed much bigger, so I had to keep adjusting it. AND THEN, about 4 miles into my run, the shock cord broke! I had to spend a bit of time trying to rig it in a way that the pack wasn't moving all over the place. I didn't do a great job, but better than nothing. Disappointing for such an expensive pack!!

About this time is when the wind picked up. Again. Are you tired of hearing me talk about wind yet? Well I'm tired of being out in it! The weather was warming up, but because of how I had the pack rigged and the fact that I haven't done any heat training, I left my R1 on. I actually didn't even get that warm - weird!

I had probably 7-8 miles left when the next incident occurred. I realized that the front part of my pack seemed wet. Like really wet. To the point that I wondered if my bladder was leaking. Then I pulled out my flask and realized the seam had completely failed. Like the top was basically coming off. I put electrolytes in my bottles, so of course I was also sticky now. Geez, this wasn't a great day for gear, but glad this happened NOW, and not in a race!!

Decided to stop at 4 Noses for a beer on the way home. The rest of the day was spent trying to nap on the couch until Ben got home. A was still at her friend's house, so we went to get Mexican food for dinner. Nothing seems to taste as good as cheese enchiladas after a long run.
Monday (20,739 steps) - Work from home. Called Ultraspire as soon as they opened and am very pleased with their customer service, but a little distressed that they won't send a replacement pack until they get the damaged one back. ALSO, as I was packing it up, I realized that I was sent the wrong size in the first place, so no wonder it was big. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Started doing some race packing... always a little stressful.
Picked A up from practice, then I still had to get my speed work done. I was a little nervous for this one as I had to do 4 sets of 7 minutes (hard) with rest in between. I decided to just run from the house since I was starting so late. Took it SUPER easy during the warm up.
Been a while since I've seen a ranger
I managed to pick a pretty good route that had minimal climbs and I actually did every single interval without walking. The last one was definitely rough, but I got through it. Determined to get faster again, since I actually have a road race and some flat stuff this year.
Yes, I know this is slow, but it's faster than I've run in ages
Shower, dinner and then we started watching the newest episodes of Better Call Saul. In bed a bit later than planned.

  • 131,615 steps
  • 39.46 miles run
  • 105 minutes of cardio
  • 50 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (June 7 - June 13)

Tuesday  - Peloton stack to start the day: Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. After work I headed to my second job. Home in time ...