Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Week in Review (October 19 - October 25)

Tuesday (11,859 steps) - DAY OFF! After we changed our flights for Cloudsplitter from Southwest to Frontier (because we were afraid our flight would get cancelled), we had to come back a day earlier than we had originally planned. Back in the day, I would have gone into work, but now that we have unlimited PTO and I already had it off, I didn't need to. I would have liked to sleep in, but I had to get A to school, then we actually had a lot of stuff to do around the house - like laundry... We took Pika for a walk at the usual time.


Since we were both off work we decided to make the trek up to Weldworks in Greeley. We love their beer, but had never been to the brewery since it's in... Greeley. 
Definitely a long drive, but the beer was good, and we even got some delicious take out pizza from a place called Empire that delivered to us. Greeley sure has changed since I went to school there.
Wednesday (8,254 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a short walk at lunch, but otherwise have no recollection of the day.
Thursday (12,210 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Left work early because... REGIONALS!! 

A and Gracie made the promo post!


A ran VERY well, and we were lucky that we were able to see her a few times on the course. She was a few seconds off from a PR, but her time counted for the team!
Regionals girl's team
A actually let me get a picture with her!
We had to rush out of there quicker than we wanted to because Ariel also had her first Chamber Orchestra concert of the year! Quick back story, in middle school, her music teacher quit in the fall (of 2019) and they weren't able to get a new teacher hired in time for any sort of rehearsals or concerts prior to the pandemic. I hadn't heard her play in about two years! She was sitting in the back, so none of the pictures I got really show her, and you can't see her in the below video (it's pretty short, about 45 seconds), but I wanted to share how good they sound now. So impressed!
Friday (12,199 steps) - Met up with the gang for a pretty brisk walk at Wash Park and then got coffee at Stella's before heading into the office. Pretty busy day, since I'm still covering for a random secretary that's been out for weeks with COVID. Did an upper body video at lunch - first strength workout in a while! Right after work I met Michelle and Ben at Milk Market for a few beers and to talk about Bigfoot! Headed home for our weekend excitement - dog sitting Kevin (Koda).
Saturday (8,137 steps) - Man, I love sleeping in on a Saturday! The animals left us alone and let us sleep until after 8, although once I started moving around, they were definitely interested.
Watched a movie, then took the dogs for a walk.
Watched another movie, then took Ariel to her first Girl Scout event in... yeah, probably close to two years. In the past, they have taken time off once cookie season hits, so she probably hadn't done anything with her troop since before cookies sales in early 2020, or even winter 2019. The older girls were helping out at a Trick or Trunk at her old elementary school. She said it was a lot of fun!
While the girls were doing that, we had a quick beer at New Image and made dinner.
Sunday (6,913 steps) - Another day to sleep in! Took the dogs for a walk at lunch.
A had plans with her friends to go to a pumpkin patch and carve pumpkins, so Ben and I went to a (only new to him) brewery nearish the house. 
Monday (9,561 steps) - Work from home. I ended up taking the dogs for a walk by myself since Ben had an appointment. Kevin got out of his collar as we were crossing the street! So glad he is ok, but that was pretty scary and hope that Tyler gets him a harness instead.
Attempted to do a "run" after I got off work. Did about a mile total, with only 3/4 of it "jogging" and it did not feel good. I still don't have a training plan right now, or really any direction, but I'm ok with that. We had dinner and watched a pretty good movie, in bed early.
Stats:
  • 69,133 steps
  • less than 1 mile run
  • 20 minutes of cardio
  • 20 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...