Friday, February 21, 2020

Week in Review (February 11 - February 17)

Tuesday (15,700 steps) - Core class during lunch. After work I picked up Kristin and we headed to Louisville to do hill repeats with Rev Run! I was not optimistic, as I hadn't done anything speed related in years. Turns out, I was the fastest in our pace group! Messed up the watch a bit since it was confusing, but I managed 3 x 90 seconds around 9:30 pace, then 3 x 70 seconds around 8:30 pace, and my 3 x 45 seconds were around 7 minute pace. Whoop!
Wednesday (13,008 steps) - Upper body class during lunch. It started snowing like crazy around lunch and Ariel and I decided to skip going to Boulder to run. Instead, we took Pika for a (very slick) walk, and A went back to school to volunteer for the evening at family dinner.
Thursday (18,604 steps) - Core class during lunch. Left work early for a dentist appointment. Then, I did something super crazy and opted to skip (all the) run club(s) in favor of going to Boulder with Kristin for a progressive tempo run with Rev Run. I programmed the hour workout into my watch and it was actually a REALLY great run. Very pleased to have not taken a single walk break and hit all my target paces. Woot! (35 min easy, 10 min @ marathon pace, 5 min @ half marathon pace, 5 min @ tempo pace, 5 min easy). I have no idea what my paces "should" be, but i'm programming in "harder" paces for me and seeing how things go.

Friday (10,381 steps) - A very sweet FB post from Ben this morning:
Ariel had her Mathcounts competition that was rescheduled from last week (thanks a lot, Colorado snow). Since Ben had the day off, he went all day to watch her compete. So sweet!

No gym today, left work early to pick up Ben's Valentine's Day present. I wasn't sure what to get him, and wanted to get him something "practical," so I picked up the Black Diamond vest he had been eyeballing.
A was having dinner with friends after her competition, so I met Ben at 4 Noses, and was very surprised when.........


Pika walk and picked up food at Torchy's.
Saturday (36,339 steps) - Long run with Rev Run! First 12 mile training run in a long time, and it wasn't super terrible.

Quick stop at Target and then a beer at Under the Sun. Ben & A worked a cookie booth in the morning. Nap and then we worked another cookie booth. Met up with Kim at Denver Beer for a beer and burgers. Long day!
Sunday (23,733 steps) - Up early for RMRR February race. It was much colder than I thought it would be and the race didn't go great.
Apparently the only pic I'm even "in" - I'm behind that gal in the white long sleeve top
Garmin Distance - 6.93 miles
Garmin Time - 1:13:01
Garmin Pace - 10:32
Mile 1 - 10:12
Mile 2 - 10:39
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 10:38
Mile 5 - 10:55
Mile 6 - 10:51
Mile 7 - 10:29

Of note, splits actually aren't terrible, but I went out too "fast" and walked a TON in the back half. So surprised they were all under 11 minutes, but not surprised that it was so hard after the longest run I've done in a while.

A decided as we were leaving the house that she didn't want to run, so she worked the finish line for the first time - and yes, she wore shorts in this freezing cold weather!!
Race volunteers
Had some snacks and a beer before going to Aspen Grove to get A's phone fixed. Then back home for a walk with Pika. Ben and I dropped off my ring to get resized and then we went to Kokopelli for snacks and drinks. 
A and I had to drop off cookie money and then I took her to a friend's house for a sleepover. We went to 4 Noses for happy hour and then had pizza at home.
Monday (16,129 steps) - Pre-work dog walks are finally around sunrise, so that's nice!
Lower body class during lunch. Ran errands after work, and then meal prepped chimichangas and crock pot lasagna. Ariel and I watched "Cube" while we waited for Ben to get home. He brought home pho for dinner and we watched Criminal Minds.

Stats:
  • 133,894 steps
  • 28.3 miles run
  • 4 gym classes

1 comment:

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...