Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Week in Review (July 23 - July 29)

Tuesday (23,148 steps) - Strength class during lunch. Milk Market after work. Since I'm tapering (yes, again), I opted to just start my walk right after I got off work. I ended up doing just over four miles. Walking takes forever.
Dinner was pizza and sandwiches.
Wednesday (23,100 steps) - Core class during lunch. Runners Roost Boulder! Super hot day in Denver, so I didn't mind the clouds on the way home. Then the clouds became torrential downpour and thunder and lighting. Tricia assured us we would not die, so we headed out for the "low" route.
We did not die, but we did get rained on for about twenty minutes. Cooler temperatures were appreciated. Additional humidity was not.




Thursday (17,293 steps) - Berkeley Park! It was raining when we arrived so A decided she would just stay at the shop. I walked a few laps around the lake.
Was supposed to see The Princess Bride at the Alamo, but it was cancelled because of weather. Stupid rain!
Friday (10,500 steps) - Core class during lunch. After work I met up with A and Belmar peeps at Westfax for beers for Ben's birthday.

He opted to host his birthday party at Casa Bonita. (Why would anyone do that?)




Saturday (19,478 steps) - Out the door by six to meet up with Jandy and Daisy at Herman Gulch. I had never been there, but thanks to all the snow/rain this year it was supposed to be beautiful. Did not disappoint at all - I have never seen so many columbines in one place in my life! We really took our time on the way up. When we were playing with Daisy in the snowfield we heard a voice say "I know those humans!" Melissa and some other gals were also hiking/running.


















We took some pictures at the summit and then really cruised down. We went to the Dillon Dam Brewery for brunch - which Jandy so kindly paid for ours.
Ben wasn't going to be off work for hours, so we went to his house for a shower and a nap. Met up at Angry James and got caught in another rain storm. Dinner at Cheba Hut.
Sunday (14,107 steps) - Slept in until after nine. Crazy. We lounged around debating what to hike/run. I didn't want to do too many miles and we also wanted to include A and Pika, so we drove up to Keystone and ran part of Ben's favorite 16 mile loop. 







Had a few beers at Outer Range and picked up Domino's on the way home. 
Watched Pitch Perfect 2 (how had Ben never watched this?) and in bed later than planned.
Monday (18,952 steps) - SO TIRED. Woke up 40 minutes before my alarm. Got caught at the tunnel with some construction/lane closures but still made it home before 6:00. Dead. After work I drove over to Mt. Falcon for some trail maintenance with Jeffco Open Space.



You would not think that 2.5 hours of raking and shoveling would be such hard work, but it is. Oddly, carrying the tools back down after hiking about a mile up was the hardest - forearms were so sore!

Stats:
  • 126,578 steps
  • 19.8 miles run
  • Three gym classes & some walking

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...