Thursday, January 24, 2013

Three Things Thursday

1. Disney

OH. MY.

If you at all had any interest in running the new "challenge" for Disney, the Dumbo Double Dare or the Disneyland half marathon, chances are you pre-registered at WDW or Tink. Or you were sitting at your computer waiting for registration to open on Tuesday morning.

If you have no idea what I am talking about, THIS WAS PURE CHAOS.

The challenge was more than 50% pre-sold due to the ability to register at the expos. The RunDisney website got completely bogged down and many people got locked out when trying to register. Dumbo sold out IN LESS THAN AN HOUR. What.

I had been hemming and hawing about whether I was going to do it, at a $280 price tag, it was... expensive. The 10k sold out shortly after the Dumbo challenge, and the half marathon sold out in 26 hours. I did NOT get in to register. Who knew that it would sell out so fast??? However... I did want to run. So, I signed up to raise money for charity again! This time I will be fundraising for Lazarex Cancer Foundation. Please check out my fundraising page here. I have a goal of $950 (which means I have a daily goal in the $3-$5 range). Anything you can contribute, as always, would be GREATLY appreciated.

2. Calves

If I go back and scan my race recaps, I have been having the "tight calf" issue for over two years now. I cannot seem to figure out the cause of it. I *do* stretch, I am lazy about foam rolling and I definitely have been watching how much water I drink. Still can't seem to fix it.

This past weekend at Tink, they were just as bad, if not worse, than ever. Since I had a short day on Monday, I went to get a deep tissue massage. They only had time to squeeze me in for 30 minutes, so I didn't get THAT much accomplished. She did say my calves and thighs were tight, and immediately asked if I had IT band problems.

I think I need to be more diligent on this. I am scheduling a longer massage for this weekend. I don't want to have to stop running/racing because I am too lazy to get it taken care of.

3. NKOTB

I know it is not running related. But I love me some NKOTB, and they announced a new tour, The Package, on Tuesday! They will be touring with 98 Degrees and Boyz II Men. WHAT. Bummer that they are not coming to Colorado though :(


Maybe LA??? (J says I'm crazy for even CONSIDERING traveling for a concert).

Related:

A says to me last night, "Mom, there is a One Direction concert. CAN WE GO??" Yes. Yes we can. 

6 comments:

  1. Traveling for a concert would be CRAZY. Say, traveling to visit a friend, though, that's totally normal.

    But if you go to Knoxville, I'll start being concerned about your brain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tight calves, too. It's hard to foam roll calves, too. Try rolling them with a baseball - and stretching while laying down, by flexing feet or using a band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. i can't believe that it sold out that quick! i love that you are fundraising again
    2. YES. take care of yourself. i'm blaming my lack of hip strengthening and laziness for all of it.
    3. UM, they are coming to ATL. and i am so there. you have a friend in atlanta....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be awesome to run one of the Disney races. I realized they were popular but had no idea they would sell out that quick! It's great that you're fundraising, such an amazing feeling. I do fundraising through Team Challenge which is really the only reason I am still running. It's great making a difference and doing something you enjoy. Good luck with the calves. Hopefully you are able to figure out something soon.

    Crystal
    http://onlyloserscomplain.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you find a race to do in CA, then you wouldn't be traveling JUST for the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I immediately thought of you when I heard the NKOTB news!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...