Thursday, March 8, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. Sometimes life surprises me. In addition to L registering me for MCM yesterday, I was awakened to an email confirmation from my sister in law that she registered for the New Years Double - half marathons both days! She has never run a race, but cheered me on when I ran this year and said she was inspired. To be sure she wouldn't be alone, she registered me for double FULL marathons. So I'll be back to run that awesome race 2012/2013!


2. Saturday I make a 140 mile drive to Salida, CO to race the "Run Through Time" half marathon. I probably will not be doing much "racing," as there is a 2,000 foot elevation gain for the half. It is a smallish race, I think only 250 participants, and there is NO bling. It is, however, inexpensive, and rumor has it, a fun and challenging race. AND, it is my LAST DOUBLE DIGIT RUN. Which brings me to...

3. HOLY. CRAP. It is almost here. In just TWO WEEKS, I will be headed to Moab where I will be (hopefully) running and finishing my first 100 miler. I will admit, I am starting to freak out. Including the half this weekend, I seriously only have SIX runs left. Six. Now is the time where I sit back and wonder... have I done enough? Am I trained? Will I succeed? Ahhhhhhh!!!

9 comments:

  1. I still remember how nervous I was before my first marathon. I can only imagine how nervous you must be!

    But following you over the last few months I know you can do it. You ran an ridiculous amount of miles and you are ready. Trust in your training and your strength!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea your 100 was that close - well, guess I should have by seeing how many miles you are running. I'm sure it's only natural to be a little freaked out but you've certainly done what you can to get ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i feel the 100M got here very quickly!! you can do it!! your training has been insane-in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By following you - you have followed and completed the training for 100 - you're ready!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you! Two weeks! Okay, maybe a bit horrified too, you are tackling something that is just a bit crazy in my book. Can't wait for you to succeed and tell us all about it.

    You have a wonderful family, L and your sister in law are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are freakin' awesome and I know you will finish your 100 miler!

    Have a great weekend in Salida!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this is cliche, but if anyone can do it, it's YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a great time this weekend! Cannot believe it's already almost time for your 100 mile race!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see it unfold. I am dying to get a buckle myself so I don't think you are crazy at all. :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...