Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Week in Review (February 7 - February 13)

Tuesday (10,436 steps) - Work in the office. Today was a very exciting day - after well over a year - the newly remodeled gym in our building is finally open!! Never thought I was going to see the day! It was a little weird because ZERO people were actually using the gym, but lots of people were wandering in and out to "look" at it. I got in an hour of cross training (legs, upper body and core). Woo! 
Took Olive for a walk when I got home. Nothing else?
Wednesday (19,067 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. After work I headed up to Boulder. I had hill repeats I had to do and the trails have been absolute garbage lately (mud), so I picked a route that would give me a good warmup before doing the repeats. (Of note, I completely messed up my watch and forgot to give a buffer between warm up and repeats, so some of them are off).
So I had two longer repeats (that were on flats) that had to be two minutes each. Those were obviously pretty hard, but I was definitely happy to see a sub 9 pace. Then, I had the actually 30 second sprints. As I said, the first one is off because I didn't realize it was going right from a recover into the first repeat, I think I had a lap button press, but anyway.
I am 99% sure I have never seen a pace that started with a 6 in my life. Those were fun, and honestly, not as hard as I feared.

Met Ben at Southern Sun for Stout Month. They are back to taking cash/check only, so we went to Under the Sun instead (same franchise, but they "have" to take cards since they do online orders. Also, they do charge a surcharge, which I find enraging, but I didn't pay, so...)
Thursday (32,199 steps) - Work from home. Logged in early since I had another full day of stuff to do. Took Olive for a walk, confirmed the trails are still not great. Figured I would do another big neighborhood loop to avoid the mud. I saw this pretty cool sight when I was running past the lake.

Most of the run felt pretty good, but was definitely feeling tired by the time I was finishing up. Took Olive to run club after work. Unfortunately, Paula and Maya weren't there, which meant I wasn't sure what to do. We ended up running with the other dogs (Bagel/Erica and Hailey/Ruth). This was Olive's longest run, she did great!


Definitely hadn't planned on quite so much "real" running for the day. Oof.
Friday (16,281 steps) - Wash Park and coffee before work. Went for a walk at lunch. Took Olive for a walk when I got home.
Met Ariel for her next adventure of an industrial piercing with Aliya.

Met Ben at Luki for a beer on the way home.
Saturday (38,182 steps) - Was really unsure what I wanted to do for the day. I had a double digit run on schedule. I had debated on doing a paved route, but when I checked and saw Dirty Biz wasn't closed for mud, I figured I would give that a shot. But first, I took Olive with me to the school to watch A's first time trials for the track season. It was a really nice morning!
A ran the 400 open (and I think won her heat, now that it's been a weak, maybe she got second, I can't remember) and the 800 in the mixed medley. I headed home to change for my run. I had a goal to keep the pace easy and to run as much as possible. Spoiler - I ended up running a route PR. I only walked two sections of the loop - one was at the top of the powerline climb (but I probably made it up 2/3 of it) and the second was on the north side of the loop because it got REALLY slick and muddy and I was just trying to stay upright.
I started with my Patagonia Airshed, but got warm and took it off after using the bathroom a few miles in. There were really not that many people out, which I found pretty surprising for such a nice day!
UGHHHHH

Pace wasn't that impressive, but I felt good almost the whole time, and only 7 minutes of walking for 3 hours of trail running is pretty fantastic, especially for me! Headed home so I could shower and... my new shoes arrived! I've been getting targeted ads for these for a while, and they had a sale...
Met Ben at the Colorado Tap House, then we went to Malone's for dinner. I had a burger with a side of mac n' cheese and it was delicious!!
Sunday (29,508 steps) - Last long run before first race of the year. Ben picked me up and we headed to Waterton, where I figured about 10 miles would be good. The run "felt" hard, but I think that's because even when Ben runs easy, I'm a half a stride behind and always feel like I'm trying to catch up.
We did see a sheep really close to the road though! He actually ran across and almost ran directly into a group of bikes. He did not look happy.
My run stats actually show my heart beat being relatively low, so I guess I wasn't working as hard as I thought I was. We went to Bacon Social House for breakfast. I was excited to get the pancake flight. Carrot Cake was still a pleaser, and the S'mores was WAY better than I expected. I was a bit disappointed with the chocolate/bacon one. 
Took Olive for a walk when I got home.
A had her own plans for the Super Bowl, so I met Ben at the Keg House to watch. We actually managed to get a seat, which was nice. I wish it wouldn't have been quite so loud so we could have heard the commercials better. Anyone else tear up at this one??
We got dinner nearby since the keg house weirdly didn't have food. Went home right after the game ended and watched an episode of Lost before bed.
Monday (22,914 steps) - Sigh. Monday already. Today was a scheduled rest day, but it was supposed to be so nice that I switched my days around. Went for my easy 4ish mile run - like seriously, one of my best runs in ages. Then I took Olive for a walk. I managed to slip in some mud and took a pretty hard fall. Have I mentioned I hate winter??
Did a lot of laundry today. Batman goes absolutely bonkers when I change the sheets. This picture makes me laugh. Picked up some essentials from Costco. 
Took Olive to Petco for her dog training, but after a half hour it was suggested that we leave because Olive is too nervous to even try and won't take treats when she gets too scared. Going to work on stuff again this week, but if it's bad again next week the gal will refund us. Sigh. She is soooo much better, but she still gets really freaked out :(

Made dinner, then had to run to the Dollar Tree because I forgot that I was supposed to buy a festive headband for work for Valentine's Day. Ugh. A had homework to do, so I watched an episode of Lost before bed.

Stats:
  • 168,587 steps
  • 45.06 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 50 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...