Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Week in Review (February 14 - February 20)

Tuesday (11,671 steps) - Work in the office. Did yoga, stretching and some walking on the treadmill on my lunch hour. Somehow I got talked into being "festive" for holidays. Wheee, look at my snazzy headband.

Sharing this because I'm wearing my adorable Randi shoes

Yep, wore on my walk at lunch too. No shame here.
After work I headed up to Broomfield to meet Ben at 4 Noses. We agreed to meet up for Valentine's Day since that's the anniversary of when we were engaged (and also where our first date was).
 Also went to Emilio's for dinner. Took Olive for a walk when I got home (and it was starting to snow) and saw a fox! Olive ALSO saw the fox and kind tried to chase it.
Wednesday (14,299 steps) - Woke up to more snow than I was expecting (since it really wasn't supposed to snow until after lunch), so I had to shovel. Olive loves the snow, so I thought it would be "fun" if she came out with me. She can't be trusted off leash though, so I had her tied around my waist which wasn't great. Then of course when I was done, she thought it was time for a walk. I took her for a quick trip around the block.
Have no idea how I wasn't late to work... Walked on the treadmill at lunch while reading my Kindle. Took Olive for a short walk when I got home. Have I mentioned I am REALLY sick of the cold??!
Thursday (19,482 steps) - Since I get unlimited PTO, I decided to work from home so that I could really concentrate on laundry and packing for Arizona. Every time I travel it just is such a production.

At least with the snow/cold, we could do the big loop at the lake - no mud to be seen!

Took Olive down to Belmar for run club. She had a fun time running with Maya again!
A had dinner plans, so I stopped and picked up some sushi for dinner. Yum.
Friday (14,824 steps) - Took Olive for a walk while Ariel was at practice. Then, Ariel drove me to the airport. (I fully recognize this is crazy, and there is no way Ariel is old enough to be driving me to the airport, and yet...) Arrived pretty early, with no line at security.
Met up with Caolan at the gate. Pretty crazy we ended up having seats next to each other - especially since neither of us selected one. 
Sadly, when we were getting ready to get off the plane, I realized I didn't have my hat. I must've left it at security at DIA - maybe it came out of the bin? I know I grabbed everything that was visible, so not sure what happened, but it was really sad. I've had that hat for like 6-7 years :( 

Also, apparently there is now a train to get to the car rental area, which is a TON faster. (Caolan was trying to tell me it's always been there, but that seems incorrect). Thankfully, I had a car reserved, there was basically NOTHING there. We immediately headed to packet pick up. Nothing too exciting, there were a few vendors, and I contemplated buying a new hat, but I knew I would just be mad about it, so I skipped doing that. I did, however, get a free one from GU.
That's a big boot
I wanted to go back to Front Pourch, and we got a beer before going to the grocery store to pick up food for the night and morning.
We didn't have any issues finding the bnb that I had booked, which was great. Everything we needed and a few hundred cheaper than the hotels. Flat me - ready to go!
Saturday (134,903 steps) - Black Canyon 100K - recap coming, eventually.
Sunday (10,121 steps) - Even going to bed basically at sunrise, I still woke up after a few hours (and well before my alarm). We still had to pack up everything and go back to the finish to get Caolan's missing drop bag. We got out the door and time and headed to get the drop bag, only realizing after we got there that we had gone to the wrong finish line... we had overshot where we needed to go. So then we had to go BACK, somehow also missed the exit, and then found it. Got the bag, but now we aren't going to have any time to get any food before the airport. I'm getting hangry. Also still needed to get gas, and the only gas station by the airport was $5.99 a gallon. WTF. We drop of the car with no incident. I'm hopeful that we can get food at the airport. Security wasn't bad, and it seemed like we might have 10-15 minutes. It didn't look like Panera was busy, so we ordered from the kiosk, which had no line. A few minutes later, the cashier shouts out that they are running 25+ minutes behind. I immediately go to the counter and say I'll need a refund because I'll miss my flight. She is a mega-bitch and says it'll "take 5 minutes and I have to go in the back to do it." She comes back, hands us each a paper and we go to the gate. We do end up being a little delayed and probably could've gotten the food, but we didn't know. Sad.

We ended up sitting next to each other again! Fairly turbulent flight into Denver. Parted ways with Caolan and then I beelined to the lost and found in hopes of finding my hat. Sad story, they throw away all hats, pillows and stuffed animals :(

Ben picked me up and we went to Marlow's for a very late lunch (early dinner?) We both got burgers, and I also took some cheesecake to go. 
Took Olive for a short walk. Went to bed early? Nothing else I can remember.
Monday (13,860 steps) - Work from home. Took Olive for an almost 3 mile walk at lunch. Took Olive for another short walk before going to dog training. Since Ariel had practice in the morning, she was able to come with me. I think it made a big difference! Olive is getting a lot better, although she still isn't a great listener. 

Stats:
  • 219,160 steps
  • 62.38 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 21 minutes of strength

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...