Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Week in Review (December 6 - December 12)

Tuesday (8,173 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch. Ariel and I had plans to meet up with Doug and Allison for dinner at a soft opening of a new sushi restaurant. This was delicious AND fun!
Pumpkin Dragon - one of my favorites!

Crab CLT - yum!!

LOTS of plates...
We stopped at the grocery store on the way home for a few items - including cheesecake. We were both "too full" to eat until a bit later, haha. 
Wednesday (7,382 steps) - Work in the office. Another walk at lunch. Nothing else? Must've watched TV, but no recollection of anything.
Thursday (14,354 steps) - Work from home. I had to take Robin to the vet because she has been having an "oozing" eye. Went to a new location and they were very prompt and easy to work with. They put dye in her eye and didn't see an actual injury or trauma, so they gave her a shot of antibiotics and a gel for me to put in her eyes. She did REALLY well.
After work I headed down to Denver for the annual Runner's Edge holiday lights run! For the first time, we were starting from a new location - one that actually had FREE PARKING. Wooo!! Only being a few days out from Brazos, I wasn't sure how running was going to go, but I had plans to run with Maureen and Colfax, so it's not like we planned on breaking any land speed records. Turns out, I was feeling pretty good! It had been windy all day, but it was fine downtown, probably perfect running weather!

We were in for a real treat when we got to the Civic Center. I didn't know that every hour they do a music and light show! It was pretty impressive.




For the first time since pre-Covid, we were able to run through the light-up Christmas Tree - which is always fun.




Alex, the new head of Runner's Edge, did a wonderful job with this evening! He had a food truck that gave us free ramen or teriyaki bowls, a keg of beer, and lots of snacks. What a great evening! Of course, by the time I got done eating it was LATE. 
Friday (7,266 steps) - Wash Park! It was extremely cold and Rocket was really struggling, so Lisa, Pete and I did a very small loop. When we got back near the car he suddenly collapsed and wouldn't even try to move. It took us quite a bit to get him into Pete's car. (We found out later he is actually doing ok, he IS 15, but he is almost completely fine and the vet thought he just freaked out). Stella's afterwards. Work in the office. Nothing else.
Saturday (18,326 steps) - Up early for Runner's Edge! Kristin picked me up to go to Roost in Lakewood. It was the same loop we did back in October, only we were going to be doing it in reverse. I wasn't sure how this was going to go. Hung towards the back of the pace group and it actually ended up going pretty well! Zero pictures and seven miles. Spent some time at the store with Kristin shopping and me not! Once home I had lunch and took a shower. Then got dressed and met Ben for a beer at New Terrain. That didn't go great, sadly.
Then it was down to Denver to Brittany's house for the runner's Christmas Party! 

I just love this baby!!
Good snacks and friends, I stayed until maybe 9:15, but it was late and a long drive home. Once at home watched a bit of TV and in bed way later than planned.
Sunday (14,397 steps) - Up early for the Runner's Roost team run and "party." Stopped at Costco for gas, so I was a bit late getting here. Ran about 4 miles with Mo and Colfax. 
Sadly, did not win any of the raffles. Boo. Also managed to resist shopping again! Went home for a shower and then Ben picked me up to take me to lunch. After he had heard that I was ok eating sushi, we went to get some. It was fantastic. 
Went grocery shopping. After A got home from work we binged "Bumper in Berlin." Not sure why they made it a mini series instead of a movie. We did watch it all in one sitting, haha. We also watched a weird thriller, "Mid-Century."
Monday (17,317 steps) - Work from home! It was supposedly warm outside, but cloudy all morning. Finally around 12:30 I got the motivation to go for my run, which was supposed to be zone 2, EASY. It felt easy, but around the last mile, my heart rate spiked. I have to assume it was from the wind that picked up.
For the SECOND time, I actually ran up the whole hill at the lake! I am really impressed with how Greg's coaching plan has helped me. Twice now, I've run 6 miles on the trails without walking. Woo! Ben came by after work to get some things and move the truck. A is pretty psyched to be parking in the garage now that it's winter. 

Watched some Snapped since A was doing homework. The cats were actually snuggling a bit, which of course meant I needed photographic proof.

Stats:
  • 87,215 steps
  • 21.8 miles run (that's a LOT for a week out from 100M!)
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 10 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 16 - April 22)

Tuesday  (43,134 steps) - the end of Southern States 200 ! After I loaded up my drop bags I was suddenly exhausted. I knew there was no way ...