Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Week in Review (October 4 - October 10)

Tuesday (21,678 steps) - Work in the office. Walk at lunch and then over to Lakewood for a run at Stone House. It was a GREAT run, and the weather was perfect. I only stayed for a bit at Green Mountain before heading home. 

Wednesday (11,443 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a walk at lunch, and then another walk when I got home. 

I created my first Strava segment and called it Pika's Loop. Finalized most of my packing.
Thursday (17,822 steps) - Tried to sleep in and failed. Went for a shake out run, then a walk. Finally gave up and headed down to Denver to leave my car at my office so I could take the train to the airport. I got there RIDICULOUSLY early, but better than running late? Read about half of my book while I was waiting to leave. Flight actually left on time and we landed early in Wichita. I was actually in line (after picking up my checked bag) at Hertz mere minutes after we were originally scheduled to land. Smoothest car rental ever, and I was upgraded to a Rav-4. Found my hotel without incident. 
Hard to tell with such a dark photo, but not a murder hotel like usual
Watched some of "House of Wax" before finally going to bed, later than I planned.
Friday (28,475 steps) - And... I woke up way earlier than I wanted to. I had hoped to sleep very late, but that didn't work out. I realized that breakfast was not free, so I opted to order from the Starbucks in the hotel, only to discover when I went to pick it up that they were out of the food items I ordered. Did you know that Sbux cannot refund if you paid with a gift card? Like wtf, I had to spend 15 minutes on the phone with corporate to get a refund. Finalized my drop bags and checked out around noon. To kill time I went to REI, Academy and Costco. Had lunch at Chick-Fil-A and then sometime around 3 or 4 I decided to drive to Cassoday. 
I don't know what I expected, but this wasn't it. 
There was NOTHING there. And by nothing, I mean a few houses, but zero open businesses. I wish I would have known that there wasn't even a nearby gas station!
The actual start line of my race
I did not want to drive a half hour each way just to get some bottled water and maybe Swedish Fish, so I headed to the (extremely creepy) start line and hoped that once it got dark I might be able to sleep. There were a few other runners there that I briefly talked with. I finalized what I would be carrying on me, and sadly sleep eluded me. Sigh. I gave up even trying to sleep around 9 and made a few trips to the bathroom, and then right at 10:00 PM, we were off... 
Saturday (180,109 steps) - Heartland 125. (Recap to follow)
Sunday (75,443 steps) - Heartland 125. When it was finally over, I stuck around at the community center for a bit, waiting for the drop bags. I got a massage that was pretty amazing, changed clothes (but wasn't able to wipe down at all, ugh). Finally, I was starting to get REALLY tired. I knew I needed to head towards Wichita ASAP. I only made it 9 miles down the road before I started to see things and had pull over. I was napping when I got a knock on the window by a police officer wanting to make sure I was doing ok. The 40 or so minutes I had been sleeping was enough for me to drive a bit further. I think I pulled over one more time, but I don't remember now. 

Finally, I got into town. I wanted to get lunch but I was really overwhelmed with all the options and finally just decided on Taco John's. (What? Why would I go there? I literally NEVER go there.) 
Anyway, I ate, then realized I still needed to pack up all my crap and get gas. I got in the back of the Rav-4, felt overwhelmed, and promptly napped for almost an hour. I woke up in a sweat and panicked because I couldn't get out of the back. Finally I started to pack everything up, filled up the tank and headed to the airport. 
This was a mess
I dropped off the car and the guy at Hertz asked "do I need to call for a chair for you?" when he saw me walking. Har har har, no I'll walk (and be in pain the whole time). I was trying to elevate my feet as much as possible, which meant putting my feet up on the seat next to me. And no, that is not a tan, that is dirt. And the red on my left foot is a giant blood blister that I didn't even feel. It's not easy to see in this picture, but I am incredibly swollen and had cankles. My feet were so swollen I could barely put my flip flops on. Ugh.
The flight home was uneventful, and I watched part of "The Breakup." It was not fun walking through DIA to baggage claim. Thankfully, Ben had offered to pick me up since the thought of walking all the way from Union Station to my office seemed tragic.
Monday (8,307 steps) - THANKFULLY, it was a work from home day. I stayed in bed working on my laptop (with Batman sitting on my chest) most of the morning. 
I got up to eat and do laundry and felt like I was doing well enough for a walk. Beautiful day!
Fazoli's for dinner, complete with chocolate cheesecake. Yum!!! 
Randomly watched the dumbest (but actually pretty funny) movie - Jexi.

Stats:
  • 343,277 steps
  • 132.76 miles run
  • 0 minutes of cardio
  • 0 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...