Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Week in Review (February 8 - February 14)

Tuesday (7,604 steps) - Work in the office. Picked up the Girl Scout cookies for the season. Wheee.
Did a Peloton ride before dinner.
Wednesday (15,178 steps) - Went to work late because I had an appointment to get my foot looked at. Thankfully, after getting some X-rays done, it was determined I do not have a stress fracture. Diagnosis was mild tendinitis and an ankle sprain. Not a surprise, I rolled my ankle another two times during Elephant Mountain. I was told I could run and to just try to get the swelling down. Yay! Went to work in the office. After work I stopped at home to pick up Pika before going to Boulder. I don't think I'll be taking her for runs anymore... this was a really slow-going "run." She may be getting too old (will be 12 in July) or is just losing interest. Not much fun for either of us.




It was also REALLY muddy. By the time I got back to the store everyone was ready to head out. I stuck around long enough to have a beer and wait for Monica to pick up her cookies. Pika had to have a bath when we got home.
Thursday (10,410 steps) - Mildly embarrassing it took me so many tries to get this: 
Work from home. Did a row and the 45 minute Eminem bike boot camp. I thought I was going to pass out during that one... Took Pika for a walk at lunch. After work I picked A up and took her to Panorama so she could have her shoulder looked at. They did X-rays and determined she has a mild rotator cuff injury - which is apparently not that uncommon in long distance runners. It was suggested that she go to physical therapy, but also they gave her some strengthening exercises she can do at home.
Friday (10,195 steps) - Wash Park walk with the gang. Finally a warmish morning!
After getting coffee I went to work in the office. We had another storm roll in right in time for me to head home. We went to Kristin and Doug's house for happy hour with Tyler. Ate a LOT of fondue...
Saturday (17,047 steps) - Slept in - I think until almost 9?? It had snowed all night but it was sunny, so I decided I would head out for my run.


It was actually pretty good at the lake, and my foot felt fine on the crunchy snow. I had an hour to run, but opted to head over to the bike path for some steadier footing. I ended up having some stomach pains and had to make an emergency stop at the port-o-potty. Not more than a few minutes after that, I ran into Lisa!
Overall, the run was "ok" - I just hate having these stomach issues mid-run. It's been happening a lot more lately. After getting home I did a lower body video, then Ariel actually joined me for a core video (that almost killed both of us) and a stretching video. THEN, we took Pika for a walk. 

Ben and I had made plans with Kim to meet up for a beer and hand off cookies. We picked a brewery that isn't normally busy at all, and it turns out they were having a dog adoption event, so it was pretty busy. We waited a bit for people to start clearing out, and then headed in. Fun afternoon.
Nothing else, except Batman looked adorable cuddling with me on the couch.
Sunday (7,149 steps) - Ariel and I watched a cheesy horror movie (Countdown) and then took Pika for a walk. We spent the afternoon delivering cookies and then watched the Super Bowl. Batman was not not interested.

Monday (9,441 steps) - Work from home. Took Pika for a walk at lunch and then did a 30 minute ride. After work I took Ariel to the dentist. When Ben got home we headed to New Terrain for our Valentine's Day beer and chocolate event. It wasn't crowded and it was a fun evening.





We picked up Qdoba on the way home and then watched an episode of Ozark.

Stats:
  • 77,024 steps
  • 8.93 miles run (thanks, foot)
  • 120 minutes of cardio
  • 50 minutes of strength

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of many things better than chocolate + beer.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...