Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Week in Review (June 8 - June 14)

Tuesday (15,647 steps) - Work in the office. Drove down to Denver on my lunch hour to drop off some of my INB tights at a tailor to get fixed. Went for a short walk on my afternoon break. After work I ran a few errands and then went to Green Mountain Brewery for run club. Went for what should have been an "easy" run with Mo and Colfax, but it did not feel easy. 
Stuck around long enough for a slushie, then headed home.
Really good for a low cal IPA!
Wednesday (19,059 steps) - Work in the office. Went for a few walks during the day, including an excursion to REI, although they didn't have what I was looking for. Took Pika for a walk when I got home.
Thursday (14,296 steps) - Work from home. Ariel and I had decided we wanted to go to Snooze for breakfast, so we made a reservation and headed over. I took my laptop so I could "work," and it wasn't terrible. The food was SO GOOD, but I think their menu has gotten smaller since COVID.
Last minute packing for my "last minute" race. Took Pika for a walk at lunch. Had to leave work a bit early to get to the airport on time. Ben and I got our $10 beers at Breckenridge Brewery, since we were in the A Concourse.
It was our first time flying with Allegiant Air, and everything went pretty smoothly, arriving just a few minutes late. We had minutes to pick up the rental car, so I headed to baggage claim to get our bag, and Ben raced to the car counter to get our car. Thankfully, we didn't have any trouble getting one! We stopped at the first gas station we saw to get a snack (for dinner) and a beer to drink at the hotel. The hotel was a tad sketchy, but not a big deal since we only had to be there for one night.
Friday (90,322 steps) - War Hammer 100.
Saturday (27,030 steps) - We ended up sleeping until about noon. Once we had the motivation, we got up and drove to Somerset, which was about a half hour away, AND the closest brewery to our hotel! The beers at Jarfly were pretty decent, but they didn't have any food.
Ben found a place down the street called the Charred Oak Whiskey Grill where we planned on eating. Holy cow were we pleasantly surprised with this place! From our appetizers of stuffed avocados to my entree of a Monte Cristo, the food was AMAZING.

We started hearing weather alerts, and looked outside and noticed it was crazy windy. We headed back to the car, briefly stopping at "The Sweet Spot" to get some cupcakes.
It rained almost the whole way back to the hotel. We stopped to get some beer and then when we got to the hotel we took a nap, waking up after 8:00. As I was starting to get everything packed, I realized I had left a drop bag at the race, so we had to drive over to get it. We ended up staying for about 45 minutes to watch some finishers come in. Fun fact, out of the 52 people that were registered for the 100 mile, only 10 finished. Eep. We stayed up until about midnight.
Sunday (10,870 steps) - Got up around 8:30 and finished packing. We got gas and picked up coffee at Dunkin' Donuts before heading back down to Knoxville. I had picked Orange Hat Brewing because they opened early and had a good beer selection.
Turns out, our friend from Broken Compass in Breckenridge moved here last summer and has been working at this random brewery ever since! What a cool random interaction! Our flight was delayed back to Denver, which was in our favor because our checked bag was too heavy, and we had to sit in the lobby and rearrange stuff. Ugh. We were able to stop to get a beer and food at Ruby Tuesday's, but it was super crowded and by the time we left, we were grumpy. I watched some Schitt's Creek, but got tired and think I actually dozed off for at least an hour, which is crazy for me. We were home later than planned, but we still took Pika out for a walk when we got back.

Monday (14,531 steps) - Work from home. Did an upper body video in the morning and took Pika for a walk at lunch. A very hot walk. Ugh, summer. I got home to find out I made the Rabbit team for 2021-2022! Pretty exciting!
Did a Peloton ride and a lower body video (ugh, this was so hard, I really need to work on consistency with strength again!). After work Tyler came over for happy hour, and when it got closer to sunset we took Pika for a walk. So happy the owls are back!


Stats:
  • 191,755 steps
  • 54.8 miles run
  • 13 minutes of cardio
  • 19 minutes of strength training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...