Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Week in Review (December 8 - December 14)

Tuesday (10,746 steps) - Work in the office. I had only planned on being there until lunch, but it was crazy busy, so I ended up being there much longer than I had planned.
Wednesday (19,256 steps) - Work from home. More moving & unpacking. Robin seems to have found a temporary sleeping spot.
A signed up for winter training for track, and I picked her up from practice. I hope she appreciated the sunset she got to see while she was suffering...
Thursday (12,136 steps) - Work in the office in the morning. Have I mentioned that I really love my new house and windows? Pretty sunrise.
More moving, unpacking, cleaning.
Friday (12,361 steps) - Work from home. It had snowed overnight, so it was a cold and snowy walk with Pika.
More moving and unpacking. Robin is seriously having a blast with the house in disarray.
Saturday (35,276 steps) - Ben is finally back to work after his surgery, so I drove down to Chatfield to run the Plum Creek "half marathon." I put that in quotes because it was closer to 13.5 miles, but we ended up running 14 miles because it was another half mile to get back to the car. Maureen and I planned to run together, and honestly, if we hadn't made plans, I may have bailed. 
The forecast all week just gradually got colder, and when I was driving to the race it was 17 degrees. Even though it was cloudy, I of course got hot once we were running and my jacket went into my pack within the first 10 minutes. I guess I assumed that since we were running in the state park and had to pay to enter, that people were "working" at the park and the path would have been plowed. I was wrong. So, we ran 14 miles in snow and ice. It was not the best run ever, in fact, it really sucked. But it was pretty and Maureen is great company.

The race was free, and put on by the same guy that puts on the Hildebrand (Two Branches) trail race I've run a few times. We were "so slow" that he pulled up the last markings and so we aren't really sure on our official time. It was slow, and the longest I have run since Moab.
Garmin distance - 14.03 miles
Garmin time - 3:09:55
Garmin pace - 13:32 (oof)
Mile 1 - 13:01
Mile 2 - 12:48
Mile 3 - 13:43
Mile 4 - 13:31
Mile 5 - 15:47 (bathroom)
Mile 6 - 12:44
Mile 7 - 13:40
Mile 8 - 13:07
Mile 9 - 12:10
Mile 10 - 12:26
Mile 11 - 14:03
Mile 12 - 13:55
Mile 13 - 13:36
Mile 14 - 14:58 (didn't pause while we were talking to RD after finishing)

Meh. I am really just... out of shape. Plus, with moving and everything else that has been going on for the last few months, I'm just tired. After we finished we went to Living the Dream with Greg, Lisa, Paula and John for a beer. As much as I miss friends, I was really cold, so I headed out first.
Ariel and I went over to the old house to pack up the last of the stuff and do some pre-cleaning before the cleaning company (I don't want other people to see a dirty toilet!)
Sunday (16,555 steps) - Ben had to work again, and I somehow slept until 9:30. 9:30!! Ariel shoveled and then we did a few more trips to the old house to do laundry and clean a bit more. 
I took Pika for a walk and A had a friend over. It's super weird having to wear a mask in your own house, but I really think the few hours she had company really helped. Ben and I had a very, very last trip to the house to touch up paint over the few places we had bigger holes from medal racks and pictures. Bye, house!
Monday (12,079 steps) - Work from home. I walked to meet the cleaning company at lunch, then took Pika for a snowy, cold walk.

Since Ben was working I took Ariel to practice and then picked her up again when I was off. I headed over to Field to do the walk through with the new owners! I was there a few minutes early to check on the the work the cleaners did - look how clean they got the oven! Anyway, they were really nice, and we chatted for a few minutes before I handed them the keys. Kinda nostalgic saying goodbye to the house A and I lived in for over 5 years. (Also, did not feel like it was that long at all).
Watched a cheesy movie with A, had dinner, then more TV before bed. Long day!

Stats:
  • 118,409 steps
  • 18.1 miles run
  • 22 minutes of cross training

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...