Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Week in Review (August 20 - August 26)

Tuesday (15,499 steps) - Strength class during lunch. Milk Market run club, and thanks to not running for almost a week, I actually had to RUN during run club. Blech. I haven't done much road running lately, and I can't say I super enjoy it.
I did, however, enjoy running with Annette and Lisa. Dinner was fancy french bread pizza. Picked A up at Abby's house, then home for leftover cheesecake.
Wednesday (20,256 steps) - Core class during lunch. Runners Roost Boulder! Not as hot as it has been, but of course it was still a lot of work running.





Thursday (18,913 steps) - Belmar run club! Super fun night, we hadn't been in a long time, so it was great to see everyone. A walked with Ang and I walked with Mo and Colfax.

Headed to Crazy Mountain after.
Friday (11,455 steps) - Class ended up being cancelled, so I just walked around a lot running errands during lunch. Picked up A after work and we headed up to the mountains. We decided to go close for dinner, so we just went to Cala down the street.
Pretty early to sleep since Ben had to work in the morning.
Saturday (34,770 steps) - The adventure for me and A was going to be a loop around Buffalo Mountain. We got up around 7 and stopped for breakfast on the way up. We didn't realize how limited parking would be, and by the time we figured out we would have to go back to Silverthorne and take the free bus to the trail, it was already after 9.
#ThatBusLife
I had loaded the route into my watch, but I'm still working out how to not miss the notifications that we are off course. We ended up making a wrong turn and headed partway up the summit before we realized we weren't on the loop - so... we were going to be long. BEAUTIFUL route, and hardly anyone was out!

































Took longer than we thought, so we ended up calling Ben to pick us up when he got off work. We stopped for beer at Angry James and picked up pizza for dinner. After dinner, Ben and I took Pika out for another few miles on the trails.
BEAT.
Sunday (14,138 steps) - We didn't set an alarm, and slept blissfully late. A was too tired to join, but Ben, Pika & I went out for the hike/run that we had attempted a few weeks earlier and got rained out. Thankfully, even though it was late, we didn't hit any traffic near the tunnel. It was sunny, but a bit windier than I normally like for hiking along ridge lines. What a beautiful day!
















We went to Outer Range for a few beers.
We had planned on picking up pho for dinner - only to find out they aren't open Sundays. Wah! We picked up Cheba Hut instead. Two days of pretty intense workouts left me exhausted, and I apparently took a 2.5 hour nap, before abruptly waking up just before 9:00. Stayed up for another hour or so before actually going to bed. Oof.
Monday (22,991 steps) - Early morning drive back to Denver. Super tired all day, but I had committed to a run at North Table after work. Thanks to a late baseball game, traffic was horrible getting out of the city. I opted to start my run earlier since I was planning on "goal pace Tahoe miles." Basically that just meant actually hiking all the climbs and easy jogging the flats & downhills.





Just over 7 miles done, and then had a beer with the group before heading home to make dinner and do laundry.

Stats:
  • 138,022 steps
  • 37.3 miles run
  • Two gym classes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...