Monday, March 14, 2011

P90X (or how I discovered I'm ridiculously out of shape)

So I just started week 2 of the P90X program. And I am SHOCKED at how hard this is. I have always considered myself to be decently strong and in pretty good shape. Then I tried this nonsense. There have been a few days I could barely get out of bed. A day where coughing made my abs ache.

This means it must be good. The workouts are varied enough that I don't think that I will get bored of it. Last night I did the Kenpo X video, and A joined me for the first 20 minutes or so:


I'm really looking forward to the day when I can:

  • Actually do a real overhand chin up. I haven't been able to do that since I was in 6th grade.
  • Complete all reps in the Ab Ripper X DVD
  • Do all the push ups. All.Of.Them.

Anyone else do this program? Do you like it? How long before it doesn't feel like you are a Biggest Loser contestant doing your first "Last Chance Workout?"

9 comments:

  1. More power to you for trying it! I'm too scared to try. I have enough trouble making it through all the pushups in boot camp - I can't imagine how many there are in P90X. Keep it up - I hear it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P90X is crazy and I am so uncoordinated that I can't do Kenpo. It's pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done it, but I've heard AWESOME things about it. I have a love/hate relationship with ab workouts that make it hurt to cough/laugh. It's awesome to know I kicked my own butt so hard, but, it sucks to have pain during laughter, of all things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to hear how p90x works for you! i've heard such great things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Though I loved P90X, I totally skipped Kenpo. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Luck! I am too much of a chicken to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, good for you! I saw the first day sequence for p90x and thought I would just stick to running. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. im also doing the p90x. iam not following hte schedule and only doing 1 workout a week, and i also like it very much. i like that all the workouts are different and vary and i dont think i would get bored either. but boyyyyy are they hard!
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - so if you are feeling it and feel like it is hard then I wonder if I'd survive even ONE day!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...