Sunday, November 28, 2010

Working It Off

Even with running a half this week, my weekly weigh in was less than ideal. Lousy holidays with awesome food! I slothed around all day on Friday, and felt completely BLAH by Saturday. (I was in bed before 9:00 on Friday night and didn't get up until 8:00 on Saturday). My dad brought me a holiday latte (non fat of course) from Sbux, and I decided I'd head to the gym to work off the rest of my turkey dinner.

Looked cute!

Not too bad!
I initially thought I would do an "easy-ish" hill program and then stop after the hour. However, after the ridiculously tough half that I just did the other day, the treadmill seemed really... easy.

Completion of hill program and 5 min cool down
I got done with the hour and I was still feeling good. So I decided to keep going... and going...


The treadmills at the gym cap out at an hour. And daycare is maxed at two hours per day. So time-wise, I did the most that I could do. In 1:50, I did 10.81 miles, and 60 minutes of that was a hill program! I rarely have the motivation to do so much on a weekend, and it's even more rare to feel good enough to go so far after running a half just a few days earlier.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! I can not imagine running on the treadmill for sooo long!!! I usually get bored by 4-5 miles :)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (April 2 - April 8)

Tuesday  (17,510) - Peloton before work in the office. Did my short cross training and left at lunch since Joyce is on vacation. Finally sto...