Friday, July 2, 2010

Outdoor Training Run - Big Dry Creek Trail - Friday, July 2

The forecast for today was 89 degrees. By the time I got off work (early, wahoo!!!) it was in the 60's and raining. I had planned to run the open space again, but the weather was clearer the further east I went so I headed to the trail we run every weekend. It was 66 degrees when I headed out - cloudy and lightly raining:


I was feeling pretty good - and then... let's just say thank goodness for the port-o-potties around mile 2. Wow.

The weather cleared up and it seemed pretty hot out. I was glad I had decided to bring my fuel belt, I ended up drinking more than half the water I brought with me. Even though I was feeling like I *could* go faster, I really didn't want to. Last run before my half on Sunday and I wanted to take it pretty easy so I stopped and took some pics along the way.



Even with all my stops, I still managed just over a 10K in 70 minutes. Probably about the pace I should have been doing anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becka,
    Wow, it looks like you had a nice run with great scenery:) I always bring my hydration belt with on anything longer than a 5K. In the hot and humid summer months it is a must. Sometimes it is better to go slower on the training runs...good call! I hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments and I read every single one. Thanks for reading :)

Week in Review (March 19 - March 25)

Tuesday  (12,786 steps) - Work in the office. Since Ariel is in France, I had to hire a dog walker for the first time in a VERY long time (l...